Bosch fridge too warm

After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Reply to
swldxer1958

My Bosch fridge only operates normally above (I think) 5 degrees ambient temperature. Lower than this I have to flick a switch inside to cause the interior light to remain on, to force the compressor to keep running.

Reply to
Scott

How many compressors? Older fridge/freezers sometimes had two compressors (ours did, bought in about 2000), one for the fridge compartment, the other for the freezer, independently controlled. If yours is like that, perhaps the compressor for the fridge or its control mechanism has failed in some way.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Frost free?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes I was thinking the same its drain is blocked or its been tweaked somewhere. Often when you buy a fridge you find you have to leave it to stand for a few hours before you start it too, at least that was the advice for ours. Other than that if it is a two compressor one then something broke, probably a coolant leak. Does the compressor keep running for ever? Is the compressor for the fridge bit not running at all? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Some modern Bosch models have twin compressors.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Just been quoted £230 to have a guy look at it. I told them thanks but no thanks.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Just bought a brand new Hisense fridge freezer for £230.

Reply to
swldxer1958

It arrived yesterday and the freezer is -30C and the fridge 3C - RESULT! I now have a Chinese fridge/freezer with a water dispenser for £230.

Reply to
swldxer1958