bosch fridge freezer

Hi, I have a Bosch fridge freezer about 8yrs old, was working perfectly until recently when we moved house. It was'nt bumped, knocked, laid down or anything during the move and was left to settle for 24hrs before plugging in.When i did plug it in, there is power as the internal light and temperature control light is on but there is no cooling/freezing and no sound at all. Any ideas what this could be? Thanks!

Reply to
lorrainehl

It could be the thermostat. Make sure you've turned it back to cold after you defrosted it before moving :) and if that isn't it, carefully short out the connections to the thermostat and see if it starts then.

Thermostats are pretty easy to replace. If it's anything else it's probably scrap.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Several possibilities, thermostat most likely. I assume you've checked plug & fuse. Claening the stat contacts with extrafine sandpaper may be needed.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Hi, it's definately set to cold so i will check the thermostat and see what happens. Thanks Andy

Reply to
lorrainehl

Most likely still turned off on the stat.

Reply to
Mr Pounder