Subject Author Posted Replies

Gas release valve?
What are those things you see in the middle of nowhere (in the UK at least), a 10 foot high white pole with an orange roof-shaped lid on top? I gather they're to release excess gas from the mains and...
45
45

Intriguing wiring
For anyone who thinks wiring is too easy to be left to the professionals. In our bathroom the fan permanent live is supplied from the socket circuit (admittedly from a fused switch unit next to the...
9
9

Unnecessary wireless devices
1)Doorbells 2)Room thermostats 3)Keyless ignition 4)This: Laura Hopkin, 33, from Stoke-on-Trent, tried to poison her diabetic partner as he lay in bed by pumping insulin into his body with a remote...
38
38

Moan: LED SES "candle" lamps with embossed printing
I've got wall and ceiling lights that take LED SES candle bulbs, but they all seem to have information embossed on their (white) base, and this is visible when the lamp is in position. This must be...
15
15

Wind
Hmmm, better check the soffits tomorrow. Quite strong winds today with no volts for about 3 hours (11kV line down, apparently). Anyway the wind got into an attic and shifted the attic access hatch...

Actinic Keratosis
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 21:05:33 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Dunno, but I've been using it on my (partly bald) head and after a week it was really sore. Doc gave me some Eumovate cream to put on and...
6
6

Antifreeze
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:02:05 +0000 (UTC), Chris Hogg wrote: Chuckle. Another forgery, as a quick check of the headers will show! Home - Privacy.net
5
5

Can someone help identify this lightbulb?
This blub was fitted to an outside light and has blown. I've no idea what it is. Can someone help? Picture here: http://tinypic.com/r/fy0ab4/9 http://tinypic.com/r/fy0ab4/9
7
7

Holding a pole up with only one cable?
My neighbour has a tall chimney (for a wood burning stove) with a supporting cable, but only one. Obviously the wind doesn't always come from that direction (in fact the cable is to the SE of the...
20
20

PAT
My wife has arranged a speaker for her WI Group at the Church Hall. The speaker has asked for a PAT Tested Extension Lead for her projector. I can't see why - other than to avoid any responsibility if...
121
121

Silver-grey fence panels
This feels like a bit of a stupid question but as I'm not sure of the answer I'll ask anyway... Is it possible to buy 'natural-looking' silver-grey fence panels that look similar to the following?...
16
16

re Batteries genuine ones for MOTO 3 Gen
I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day anymore. Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone...
4
4

My second Plusnet bill
Costs the same as my old KCOM in Hull! https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1P7-n7X0AE3puS.jpg
38
38

How long is is a days parking voucher valid for?
Stick a days visitors parking voucher in the windscreen at 1pm and it must be valid until 1pm the next day. A day is 24 hours.
45
45

OT: Parking
"We tried warning them (again). Still got towed." Impressed with the speed a car can be picked up. This time around the drivers get warned IN PERSON. Does it work? Nope. But there's so much more going...
10
10