Misdirected airbus email

I occaisionaly get an email, from an A330 Airbus Senior Manager, containing details about the A330 inspections, modifications and repairs including diagrams. The senders name is genuine, I have checked, but attempting to email the guy back to try to stop the emails is ignored. I don't know where he got my address from, I have no connection with Airbus, or aircraft in general.
Anyone got an idea of what to try next?
On 21/03/2019 20:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

If you know the name is genuine, try phoning one of the Airbus public departments and see if you can explain to them and get them to put you through to the department, if not the actual sender.
Pick one of these that seems most relevant https://www.airbus.com/contact-us.html
--
Chris B (News)

On 21/03/2019 20:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I assume there is the usual boilerplate text about confidientiality but I don't see much risk in you forwarding the next one to snipped-for-privacy@webmaster-airbus.com with the question:
"I've been trying to X sending me these these emails for a while now without success, so may I take it I can share them with others - eg the Boeing Company?"
--
Robin
Robin submitted this idea :

Good idea, thanks I have done that..

Can you let us know the outcome, if any?
(Unless you're in the Scrubs, in which case we don't know you)
--
"People don't buy Microsoft for quality, they buy it for compatibility
with what Bob in accounting bought last year. Trace it back - they buy
On 21/03/2019 20:50, Robin wrote:

That of course is the best thing to do.
There is no reason why they should stop ending you these mails otherwise.
Any company employee who takes any action that is not either making his company money or saving it money is not a proper employee.
You(OP) are expecting action for no financially beneficial reason Dream on.

Foward them to Boeing or Tupolev.
GH
On 21/03/2019 21:03, Marland wrote:

Or "Flight" magazine.
Andy
On 21/03/2019 21:50, Vir Campestris wrote:

Unless there is a confidentialty clause on it then go public on facebook twitter or whatever the socials use these days and display the contents with a write up on how they freely distribute it., I reckon they will get back to you within 24 hours
On 21/03/2019 23:27, ss wrote:

Can you actually be held to a confidentiality clause that you have not signed up to when someone has sent something addressed to your email? The company has already broken confidentiality by sending it to the wrong person.
SteveW
On 22/03/2019 09:29, Steve Walker wrote:

I suspect not.

Indeed. I think I agree with your reasoning here 100%.
AND to furher add to their misery, such clauses are in tort law, not criminal.
They would have to prove intention to make money out of, or damage them deliberately using, the breach ...
--
It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain

Corse not.

Not with a fuckup.
On 21/03/2019 20:05, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Post it here.

Try ringing him up and tell his secretary about the problem.
On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:05:45 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Email postmaster@...the sending domain.
On 22/03/2019 01:35, Bob Eager wrote:

I used to be postmaster for around 1000 domains.
I actually did go through all the bounces every week or so in case there was something important to my customers. Misconfigured addresses mostly.
I difd get oine corker. A hot explicit 'I'm waiting for you maked, cooking the meal email from a rent boy to his lover...he hads mistyped his name.
I sent him as polite emasil back saying if he did want to express such sentiments maybe he should take care to enter te correct username.
My experinec is that I am te only postmaster who ever actually read his email, howeer.
Webmaster@, abuse@, postmaster@ are all hangovers from the days when internet email systems were run by conscientious tekkies in university employment.
Nobody gives a fuck these days. You really think ' snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com' goes anywhere?
--
“A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 09:50:08 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dunno. But my experience is that it generally works.
Back in the mid 1980s I was given a mail alias at the University of Edinburgh (I was working with them on operating system development). It pointed at my University of Kent email address. It's still occasionally useful.
When I retired, the Kent address was forwarded to a 'kent4life' account (the idea of some bright young thing in the PR department, I understand against the advice of the IT department).
I was recently informed that all 'kent4life' accounts will be terminated in July.
I emailed the postmaster at Edinburgh and asked for the redirection to be changed. It was done within a couple of hours.
There are other examples but that is the most recent.
On 22/03/2019 10:54, Bob Eager wrote:

as I said, in an academic instution it sometimnes goes somewhere.
Not in commercial mailers
--
“People believe certain stories because everyone important tells them,
and people tell those stories because everyone important believes them.
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:19:50 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Sorry, never saw you use that qualifying clause earlier.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Why worry the communications are probably interesting, you may learn something.