Subject Author Posted Replies

This what parcel should be like..
Oct 29, 2019 01:26 SpeedPAK Shipment data received Oct 30, 2019 06:09 SpeedPAK Package received (Customer Service email: Suzhou Oct 31, 2019 08:46 SpeedPAK Regional distribution center arrived...
12
12

Underfloor Heating Commissioning
I could so with some advice around the control of a UFH system. I currently have a UFH installation which is plumbed in and functional, but not commissioned. Basically, as part of a kitchen conversion...
14
14

Mains clock running fast
We have a clock that has a synchronous motor that is intended to run on 50Hz mains. It skips 5 or 10 minutes fast sometimes. I looked up this problem and was advised that noise on the power supply...
17
17

Cooker extractor hoods with remote motors
Having now decided on the WC extractor (thanks to PeterC) it's time to tackle the next problem. My cooker is set into what was once the kitchen fireplace. To reduce noise in the kitchen I plan to fit...
12
12

Garden pond electrics
Looking to create a garden pond but not sure yet whether we want fish and wildlife or just ornamental, although that doesn't matter here. What's the best (or preferred) pump and/or filter to go for...
18
18

getting hardened danish oil off a laminated worktop surface
I failed with white spirit etc. Then had the idea of Auto glym. It is a metal polish, more user freidnly than Brasso as it comes in a tube, with a consistency like toothpaste. I used that , plus a...
3
3

OT Never mind the super railway-
how does a new railway? but modern diesels are cleaner than your petrol car, probably.
74
74

Opener occupying half of window?
UPVC windows, top opening, Is there any reason why the opener can't be half of the window? Because that's what I asked for, the window firm said 'it will look wrong' to which i stated I didn't care...
13
13

Any recommendations for WC extractor fans?
The never-ending list of jobs has now reached the point of needing an extractor fan for the new loo. The requirements are straightforward: effective, wall-mounted, quiet, no timer.
9
9

Welder MIG to TIG
I have a modern Mig welder which came with a stick option both with a standard euro connection to the machine which is also selectable + or _ Ground/torch. Do any of you know if I can plug a TIG torch...
12
12

Guidance sought re properly arranging mounting of CH controller.
Hi All I had to replace a seemingly-failing CH controller over the weekend (Sunvic Sunpro 2000 replaced with a Drayton 722). This reminded me that there is a roundtuit that I need to sort out - the...
3
3

flat tipped drill?
Reading the instructions for fitting the handles to kitchen cupboards they say "use a 5mm flat tipped drill". I can find flat wood bits but I'm pretty sure that isn't what they mean. Looking at <>I...
18
18

OT: The Money Farmers: How Oligarchs and Populists Milk the E.U. for Millions
The European Union spends $65 billion a year subsidizing agriculture. But a chunk of that money emboldens strongmen, enriches politicians and finances corrupt dealing.
3
3

OT Cicero
?A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the...
14
14

Vokara 29he
My hearing works fine but my hot water runs cold after about 30 seconds using taps or mixer taps on bath please do you have any suggestions
5
5