Any recommendations for WC extractor fans?

I fitted an Envirovent extractor fan recently. SIL100T is the 4" timer version - on eBay around 30 quid, there are other versions - pir, humidistat, etc. Looks very similar to the other recommendation

Reply to
Jimk

The never-ending list of jobs has now reached the point of needing an extractor fan for the new loo. The requirements are straightforward: effective, wall-mounted, quiet, no timer.

Reply to
nothanks

How long duct? Over a couple of metres you need a centrifugal fan.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That's easy: avoid a 4"er. Yes they're cheap, but don't shift much & are the noisiest. Also look at specs, noise varies greatly. And in some cases you can just use a vent/flap, no fan required.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Oh really? They are more noisy quite often. I'm sure I've seen ordinary fans with longer ducts, but most were straight. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

4", Air Extraction: 97m3/hr / 26 L/s Noise: 25dB(A) Wattage: 7.5w

As with any axial fan, the pressure capability is low.

Reply to
PeterC

It needs to be wall-mounted and will exhaust straight through the wall

Reply to
nothanks

Thanks, that looks just the job.

Reply to
nothanks

Things are so complicated nowadays. Time was the privy ventilator was just crescent, star or diamond.

Reply to
Max Demian

After posting I looked at more details (my old Vent-Axia is making the odd noise) and saw that it can take a lot of duct. If/when I need a new one this'll be it.

Reply to
PeterC