Any recommendations for WC extractor fans?

The never-ending list of jobs has now reached the point of needing an extractor fan for the new loo. The requirements are straightforward: effective, wall-mounted, quiet, no timer.
On Monday, 4 November 2019 23:04:46 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

How long duct? Over a couple of metres you need a centrifugal fan.
Owain
Oh really? They are more noisy quite often. I'm sure I've seen ordinary fans with longer ducts, but most were straight. Brian
--
----- --
On 04/11/2019 23:23, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

It needs to be wall-mounted and will exhaust straight through the wall
On 04/11/2019 23:23, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Things are so complicated nowadays. Time was the privy ventilator was just crescent, star or diamond.
--
Max Demian

On Monday, 4 November 2019 23:04:46 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

That's easy: avoid a 4"er. Yes they're cheap, but don't shift much & are the noisiest. Also look at specs, noise varies greatly. And in some cases you can just use a vent/flap, no fan required.
NT
On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 21:14:00 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

https://www.extractorfanworld.co.uk/bathroom-fans-8-c.asp
4", Air Extraction: 97m3/hr / 26 L/s Noise: 25dB(A) Wattage: 7.5w
As with any axial fan, the pressure capability is low.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 05/11/2019 08:53, PeterC wrote:

Thanks, that looks just the job.
On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 10:04:29 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

After posting I looked at more details (my old Vent-Axia is making the odd noise) and saw that it can take a lot of duct. If/when I need a new one this'll be it.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away