Subject Author Posted Replies

Filling holes in bathroom tiles
I'm replacing some grab handles around the bath, as they were coated steel; the coating hasn't lasted that long so at the ends of the handles, and around the holes, rust is appearing. The concept is...
26
26

OT: Are hair clippers the new toilet rolls?
+1 for Wahl. We've had ours for years and it's very good. Until very recently, their UK operation ran from a warehouse a mile doen the road. With a 'factory shop'; that's where we got it. Also got...
33
33

Ham fisted kitchen fitter.... how should I remedy?
Some years ago we had a new kitchen fitted. The carcasses are MDF which in turn is veneered with real wood which in turn is then oiled/waxed. The doors and drawer fronts are solid wood though. The...
25
25

Anyone used SBK ?
I have a front lawn wi5 dandelions and daisies I wish to get rid of without harming the grass. Internet searching led me to SBK which is a selective weed killer. I have applied this two weeks ago at...
12
12

What’s the most economical way to make a green hou se watering system?
I now have a green house supplied with 10mm2 SWA for power and 25mm blue MDPE for mains water.... Ditto a veg and fruit patch that has both power and water to it. Now I need to think about making a...
11
11

Re: Sony C7 Betamax
long ago.
3
3

DIY 12v power system for garage
I'm considering building a basic 12v power system for my garage comprising a car battery, a solar panel on the outside to keep it charged, and a 12v outlet on the exterior wall and probably one on the...
25
25

Nurses uniforms
My wife is in a Craft Group and they have been asked by a charitably minded person if they will help by making some bags for nurses to use to carry their "scrubs" home for washing. I was shocked that...
13
13

Fire
There has just been a roof space fire in a converted mill in Derby/Notts border. It really makes me wonder why Dry Risers are not mandated - even perhaps a dry deluge / sprinkler system - less costly...
18
18

DIY coming to a halt
It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown. No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and no-one will deliver.
37
37

OT uk.legal
Has any one looked at uk,legal recently, absolutely not any sensible posts in sight
24
24

Cutting old greenhouse glass - a how to
I've just replaced all the side, front and back panes on a small greenhouse I installed in the early 1960's. Many of the panes were either cracked or broken - not too surprising after nearly sixty...

Renewing large patio joints
I have a large patio and some of the joints need refilling. The patio has large paving stones and the joints vary but the largest ones are about 40mm wide and 50 mm deep. I either need cement or...
2
2

Peugeot is worst than FIAT
And that's some going.
12
12

offtopik
When your speedo and rev counter go up to maximum then back down again at switch on... is this a sign of a low battery ? ....
3
3