Peugeot is worst than FIAT

If you pumped the tyres up a bit extra it would make more difference

Reply to
Jimk

Yes, That is mostly true in my experience, Now lets NOT consider Citroen. The only car to have its air intake double as a water scoop in times of light flooding...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The only vehicles worth having are Japanese ones (quality control) made in the UK (parts availability)?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

My Berlingo was sort of OK.

Actually on second thoughts is was shit.

The VH Combo was far better. Doors that shut and opened (when you wanted then to) , started in a morning and did not breakdown as often as a woman with PMT.

Reply to
ARW

Yeah. German cars are shit designs, but they do keep working on them until all the little points of failure are eliminated.

Last week my Jag threw 4 different errors at me all at once, down to one after stopping and restarting. Today no errors????

I conclude there is a loose connector in the wiring somewhere On a German car it would be supported each end in a little clip with a rubber boot over it or something

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That isn't what happened with the Golf. Quality control went down hill and the later ones were notorious for bits falling off. Mostly trivial stuff like door handles etc. Not clear why, I never bothered to check if it was due to a redesign to make the automated assembly easier.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

The air intake on my SD1 EFI is as low as possible. To get the coldest air. About 18" or less above ground level.

But then I don't go wading in rivers with it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Renault Espazz did that too.

Reply to
Jim White

As low as possible gets the coldest air. For better performance.

If you want a duck, buy a Duck.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah, but when they are good they are very very good....

Reply to
newshound

Not here it doesn?t in summer with the road itself being stinking hot in the sun.

They arent much fun for the 6 hour road trips when its dry,

Makes more sense to have the air scoop much higher so it still works fine in the very occasional flood.

Reply to
John_j

The 506 RXH I had for 4 years was faultless.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike