I have broken the Peugeot

;-)

Reply to
Jimk

Not much effort really.

I cannot open the fuel cap as the key will not fit in it (it used to do).

30 miles to home with 44 miles showing on the range.

Had to drive like a girl and limp it home.

Reply to
ARW

I've had that problem with my Renault Master (ISTR they share some bits). A dose of WD40 cured it though.

Reply to
newshound

Are you sure? Peugeot and Renault rarely collaborate.

Reply to
Fredxx

No, not sure. Not suggesting collaboration necessarily, just that they might use same suppliers for third party-ish bits. Half remembering a conversation with my mechanic mate when I had a problem with something else.

Reply to
newshound

I have known drive-shafts and struts to fit numerous cars.

By way of example, as soon as Peugeot took over Vauxhall the Vivaro was quickly changed to the Peugeot equivalent from the Renault Tragic.

Reply to
Fredxx

It cured the Pug:-)

Plenty into it and stood overnight with a bit more this morning.

Reply to
ARW

Its probably just a standard bit like a light bulb or something like that. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

You might like to use real oil though as a follow up, as WD40 tends to dry up and the sticking of sliding parts returns again. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Pal had a near new Peugeot camper van stolen. Oddly, no audible alarm, as it was parked outside his house. But did have a (extra) tracker fitted.

So quickly recovered. Insurance company took over a month to repair things. And changed all the locks. But forgot the filler cap. And kept all the old keys.

AA got the cap off in seconds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

the Anglia 105E used the same dynamo (a Lucas part) as the Mini. It was cheaper from a Ford Dealer.

Reply to
charles

Even cheaper from Lucas if you could blag trade from them. ;-)

They used to have a depot not far from TV Centre.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does the crock of shit rover parked outside your house have an alarm.

I would think it would take a while and be very expensive to replace windows that have been broken by bricks. Or a respray due to be being keyed.

--

Reply to
GB

I remember a motor factor in Hammersmith Grove and a Ford dealer in Percy Road.

Reply to
charles

The mini used to have an engine common with a peugeot 208 but if you try and get parts from a pug agent they will refuse to sell.

Volvo V50 uses parts like rear wheel hubs that have FoMoCo stamped on them.

Reply to
Andrew

Oil drum lane ?.

Reply to
Andrew

fictional

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message <r816t3$akj$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>, Andrew snipped-for-privacy@mybtinternet.com writes

Ford used to own Volvo, so that comes as no surprise. I think the V50 was based on the Focus.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

I remember when BMC brought out the 5 main bearing version of the B series engine for the Austin 1800. The same then fitted to the MGB.

If you had an older MGB with the 3 bearing crank and it had broken, easy fix was a new short engine.

And an MG short engine cost a lot more than the Austin one. Only difference was the block colour. Look up the parts fiche, and all the component parts identical.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I could but preferred not to try damaging anything (the cordless angle grinder was ready to go)

I wonder if they changed the glovebox lock and (if it has it) the passenger airbag on/off lock?

Reply to
ARW