I have broken the Peugeot

What?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

BMW not BMC

Andy Burns

My jaguar has a Peugeot diesel in it then! Same as goes in a Ford transit, sort of

No one builds all their own cars these days.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was told he basically just forced a screwdriver into the key slot.

Dunno. It seems odd to me that Fiat couldn't supply a new steering lock to match the original keys. Rather than change them all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ahhh.

I was assuming that the keys had been stolen and used as the method of theft.

Reply to
ARW

Hyundai and some of the Japs do.

Reply to
Joshua Snow

No - they simply smashed the steering lock. And it seems a easily obtained device plugged into the diagnostic socket bypassed the immobiliser, and allowed it to be driven away. Got into the vehicle by smashing the quarterlight.

Seemed very odd to me a £40 grand vehicle didn't have an audible alarm when broken into. Nor did the aftermarket tracker system inform it had been broken into. But did allow it to be found very quickly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The factory alarm on mine is ridiculously quiet, you'd assume it was from a car streets away, though it can send alerts to a mobile app.

Reply to
Andy Burns

This one was parked outside the owner's place, and in a pretty quiet street. It was also stolen within about a 1 hour window. There when walking the dog last thing, but noticed it gone from the bedroom window when going to bed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)