Subject Author Posted Replies

Locksmith
How do I get a locksmith? I've lost my garage keys.
10
10

Bread slicing
Since the lockdown has reduced services at supermarkets, they have their nice freshly baked bread available. But won't slice it, which is a PITA. Amazon have a variety of plastic guides for slicing...
33
33

Plumbing in a dishwasher...
If you aren't going to attach the waste from white goods to the sink waste, but give them their own waste pipe, what's the proper way of doing it? I have a pipe at my disposal than I can drop a...
8
8

Three Way Valve
Mate has removed motor - should he be able to rotate the valve mechanism quite easily?
20
20

Full marks to Lidl
My 2.5 year old cordless drill which I purchased clearance for £19.99 packed up last week. After a couple of questioning emails they sent me a paid return label along with instructions not to return...
17
17

Boiler short cycling
Our old Valliant Turbomax is humming away with the central heating light on, and every 5 mins or so firing up for a few secs and then firing down, but both heating and hot water are turned off at the...
16
16

Hive Active Heating Self Install - Replacing EPH WRS1i
Hi all, I bought a Hive active heating system to replace the current set up which is an EPH wireless system WRS1i for my Worcester Combi boiler. I thought (perhaps stupidly) that the set up would be...
3
3

Filling holes in bathroom tiles
I'm replacing some grab handles around the bath, as they were coated steel; the coating hasn't lasted that long so at the ends of the handles, and around the holes, rust is appearing. The concept is...
26
26

OT: Are hair clippers the new toilet rolls?
+1 for Wahl. We've had ours for years and it's very good. Until very recently, their UK operation ran from a warehouse a mile doen the road. With a 'factory shop'; that's where we got it. Also got...
33
33

Ham fisted kitchen fitter.... how should I remedy?
Some years ago we had a new kitchen fitted. The carcasses are MDF which in turn is veneered with real wood which in turn is then oiled/waxed. The doors and drawer fronts are solid wood though. The...
25
25

Anyone used SBK ?
I have a front lawn wi5 dandelions and daisies I wish to get rid of without harming the grass. Internet searching led me to SBK which is a selective weed killer. I have applied this two weeks ago at...
12
12

What’s the most economical way to make a green hou se watering system?
I now have a green house supplied with 10mm2 SWA for power and 25mm blue MDPE for mains water.... Ditto a veg and fruit patch that has both power and water to it. Now I need to think about making a...
11
11

Re: Sony C7 Betamax
long ago.
3
3

DIY 12v power system for garage
I'm considering building a basic 12v power system for my garage comprising a car battery, a solar panel on the outside to keep it charged, and a 12v outlet on the exterior wall and probably one on the...
25
25

Nurses uniforms
My wife is in a Craft Group and they have been asked by a charitably minded person if they will help by making some bags for nurses to use to carry their "scrubs" home for washing. I was shocked that...
13
13