OT HHGTTG

loath it or ignore it - you can't like it

Reply to
ARW

I can.

Reply to
Richard

I can only echo Ford and Arthur: Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!! Nnnnnnnyyyyyyuuuuuurrrrrggghhh!!!

Reply to
Robin

And remember your towel. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

tv verson was best book and radio versions were rubbish

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

Actually a serious question.

How do I get it onto CD so I can play it in the van?

Reply to
ARW

I can listened the original on the radio, then read the books and enjoyed them. The TV series was ok but for me the radio rendition was better. The film was crap.

From the little I watched of this youtube version - not keen.

Reply to
alan_m

Reply to
alan_m

You have mail.

Reply to
Robin

Does your van CD player cope with MP3 CDs?

Have you checked to see if it has a USB input somewhere? My 10 year old car has - and recognises a memory stick with MPs on it. And you can get a lot of CDs converted to MP3 on one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I'll give it a go. Nothing to lose.

No it does not. Some of the other vans do.

Reply to
ARW

I think that you can intercept computer audio using 'audacity' and use the resultant file to burn a CD

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Anything is better than listening to Feltz.

Reply to
ARW

If by "intercept" you mean record, then using Audacity is good. But with something that long it's much quicker to download the video (eg with VLC), extract the audio (eg AviDemux), and then use Audacity to convert if necessary to whatever format you want. (More recent/upmarket cars play aac but some of us drive our sheds.)

Reply to
Robin

Does it not have Bluetooth? I can play a media file on the phone and through Bluetooth play on the car speakers.

I thought Bluetooth was pretty universal from the hands free obligation when making calls. I trust your employer doesn't expect you to take calls whilst travelling?

Reply to
Fredxx

My car radio does have Bluetooth for the phone. But only the phone and its contact etc list. Doesn't play music from it. But it's quite old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I thought mine was basic, but I can make it the audio output for media files. Given the age of Adams's van I would be surprised if it didn't the capability.

An old phone of mine had a FM output but new doesn't :-(

Reply to
Fredxx

It's a 10 plate van and has no aux input of bluetooth. In fact I am not sure my 62 plate car has.

Reply to
ARW

It might be worth checking the model number of the head unit. When had an 06 plate Focus, it had no aux input, but all it took to add it was a specific lead that plugged into the back of the head unit and mounting the 3.5mm jack socket, on the other end, into a switch position blanking cover. Once I had that, I could plug all sorts of things in.

Reply to
Steve Walker