Subject Author Posted Replies

Are all deck mounting tap hole distances the same?
Ive got some dead kitchen taps in a utility room that need replacing. The sink is a yonks old POS stainless steel stamping with two cutouts. The old taps were individual, but I'd prefer to pop a mixer...
4
4

De-coking an oil Aga
Ive been running this for 20+ years and every 6 months as fuels have degraded, it needs the burner decoking. This is normally an hours struggle with chisels and sharp knives and the like. Until the...
1
1

kitchen scales oddity
We have a cheap electronics kitchen scale (Salter) that when you turn it on, it lights up the display and after about one second shows zero grams. About half a second later the display changes to 2 or...
10
10

Thunderbird settings to read Usenet News?
I've moved to a new Windows computer and installed Thunderbird version 115.1.1 on it and transferred the old profile folder. It works fine for email and is picking up Usenet News but I can't get the...
25
25

Earthing/grounding mat for bed: Anecdotal experience?
Has anybody here ever tried one of these earthing/grounding mats?
47
47

Mousepad cursor frequent pause/Win10 fixed :-)
For maybe a couple of years, since a Win10 update, my mousepad cursor on my laptop, has misbehaved. Draw rapid circles on the pad, the mouse arrow on screen would follow it, but every couple of...
2
2

Chim Chiminee Chim Chiminee...
Gradually working my way round my new (to me) bungalow when I noticed the chimney in the lounge was blocked off. I removed the piece of hardboard followed by a month's supply of rolled up newspapers,...
1
1

Water treatment for plasma cutter
Do we have any chemists her with experience of treating the water bath/bed of a plasma cutter? My grandson has started a business venture cutting out shapes from steel sheet. The machine he has chosen...
3
3

Time setting on Electrical Meter
Have a house electric meter (it''s not a smart meter) with the time on the clock being many hours wrong. We use the economy 7 cheap rate tariff for the nighttime use of the washing machine. Officially...
38
38

Chemically cleaning a corroded electrical connection
One of the relay bases in my car's fusebox has turned blue. This appears to be causing an intermittent electrical connection. I have some conductive zinc gloop[*] to put in it to improve the...
14
14

RIP RDS
I received a message today to say that Rick Sanderson our resident optician passed away in June. Rick was a decent bloke. I met him several times whilst working in Blackburn. He had only just turned...
16
16

Questions about Apple products.
On 20/08/2023 23:37, David Brooks is *seeking advice*! I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)
12
12

Replacement baskets in Lamona (Beko) dishwasher
Our dishwasher is over 10 years old now. The pegs/fingers/whatever in the upper and lower baskets/drawers, which hold the crockery, are wearing out and some are part broken. I assume that more will go...
4
4

Car MOT
I am sure this will have been done elsewhere but I suspect this will be quicker:-) General experience of vehicle testers and minimum residual thickness of brake discs. My wife's mk9 Ford Fiesta has a...
59
59

[OT] Euro ‘hangingby thread’)
When I was young I had a mortgage. I had to have one because I hadn't had time to build up any capital. I don't have one now, and I pay for things I want out of my income and saved capital. The...
2
2