Are all deck mounting tap hole distances the same?

Ive got some dead kitchen taps in a utility room that need replacing. The sink is a yonks old POS stainless steel stamping with two cutouts. The old taps were individual, but I'd prefer to pop a mixer tap deck style in there.

The holes appear to be 7" (180mm) apart. Is this standard?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably, it's standard. We replaced two pillar taps with a mixer on a

50 year old sink. In any case, you can get taps which fit, eg this one:

Just check before buying.

Gpoty - a name to conjure with. :)

Reply to
GB

Thx. I looked it all up and 180mm is the standard and that's what I have.

Suitable cheap- POS ordered from ebay,...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think 180mm is fairly standard.

some of the mixers-on-legs style are adjustable for different hole distances

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Mine are Square as well and all the taps have is a spigot where the corner might be. I don't think they are all the same, at least the new and old Kitchen sinks were different had to use a flexi hose to connect up the taps. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff