Mousepad cursor frequent pause/Win10 fixed :-)

For maybe a couple of years, since a Win10 update, my mousepad cursor on my laptop, has misbehaved. Draw rapid circles on the pad, the mouse arrow on screen would follow it, but every couple of seconds it would pause. It made it difficult and frustrating to use. I spent hours researching the problem, trying driver updates, no one seemed to have quite the same problem, and nothing helped, until....

Yesterday evening, I had another go, fiddling with the mouse settings. I tried all of them, then finally tried switching on 'mouse trails', that worked, but obviously left a trail. Turning the trail length to minimum left no trail, but worked as well. Now I can use the mousepad, without the constant errors..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

That sounds like a bug in the driver. I have also discovered that a machine that runs fine on mains slows down on battery, but if you disable its touch screen, who uses those?, it will run faster on batteries. Mind you I still don't like Windows 10, its got too much fluff and pointles bits in it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just buy a bluetooth mouse and forget about the trackpad ...

Reply to
Andy Burns