Subject Author Posted Replies

carz
2007 Suzuki bought at three years old in 2010 for £4000 cost £300 a year no stop start no fancy tablet dasboard no DRLs no parking sensors or camera no electric hand brake no sunroof no satnav no...
26
26

Repairing a 240 voly cable properly
We have a recliner that has electric motors to move it. Before we had it, at some point, the cable had been run over, cut, and repaired. All I can see is electrical tape. The recliner is unplugged....
18
18

Henley blocks in series
Okay, this is probably a terrible idea but just thinking aloud really. We now have a home battery and an EV. The inverter system for the battery has a CT clamp that currently detects all consumption...
18
18

What is wrong with Pompey bricks ?
third such wall collapse in pompey in the last year or so. Weak local bricks or something odd with the geology of the footings https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-66978046The...
15
15

OT Navigation
OK so I didn't expect to whiz Northward round the M25 from J12 (M3) to the St. Albans exit but, it was 5.30pm on a Sunday afternoon! Mostly M4 traffic joining. Anyone care to suggest an alternative...
24
24

Timeguard ZV700B
Has anyone any experience of installing a Timeguard ZV700B? I've replaced a standard wall switch with one and the 7W LED lamp it feeds has a gentle glow. The Timeguard instructions say it takes four...
15
15

Move Soil Pipe Closer to wall
I have a horizontal 110mm soil pipe secured to the wall by a couple of Marley SC45G clips. These: needs to be supported but I would like it about 25mm closer to the wall. Ideally I need a clip with a...
2
2

EV's and Insurance
The news item in the Guardian on Saturday regarding the insurance of EV's is very hard to come to grips with. A s a person thinking of buying a EV it makes me stop and think. as a thought, I must have...
40
40

Amazon search
Has anyone found a way to have Amazon produce only relavant results ? For exmple if I do a search foe Camel shoes it throws every shoe manufacture but nary a reference to Camel Google is as bad but at...
6
6

paint mixing.
I've had to do some replastering repairs on a wall and now have to repaint the bits. The original paint is no longer available , but I found a couple that are close - one lighter ,one darker. I can...
10
10

Upgrade of Thunderbird has installed 115.3.1 (64-bit)
I had a message that there was a new version of Thunderbird. I foolishly downloaded it and it installed. Now, some of my configuration has been F****D up. I only use Thunderbird for Usenet access and...
22
22

revs per minute
I have inherited a Gardenline PGS 2800 garden shredder. what should the RPM be,

OT :Microsoft Quietly Kills Free Windows 10/11 Upgrades from Windows 7/8
FYI Microsoft quietly announced that it has stopped supporting free upgrades from Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 or 11. - Microsoft quietly announced that it has stopped supporting free upgrades from...
12
12

Sycamore Gap tree... Glue?
Seriously. Get a crane, get some glue, stick it back on. Could that work?
36
36

SOT: Remove weather from Google contacts
I see the contacts on my Google phone have started showing the weather for each contact. Has anyone found a way to disable this exercise in pointlessness?
1
1