Amazon search

Has anyone found a way to have Amazon produce only relavant results ? For exmple if I do a search foe Camel shoes it throws every shoe manufacture but nary a reference to Camel Google is as bad but at least there I can ue Duck Ducjk GO

Reply to
fred

Use DUCK-DUCK-GO and the site search. e.g.

site:amazon.co.uk

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

Use Google and set the "site or domain" to

Even better on eBay whee you can use Regex in your search term.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

No problem here:

Amazon.com : Camel Crown shoes

invalid unparseable

When Amazon can't find something, it typically shows you random stuff instead of saying 'not found'. When you search for something and have scrolled through all the relevant search hits, it starts showing irrelevant ones. The trick is to notice that it's showing you garbage and stop scrolling.

In this case the brand is called 'camel active' and if I search for 'camel active shoes' they come up. Presumably searching for 'camel' just gets everything of a camel-brown colour, which is a million different hits.

Also, sort by price doesn't work (it does sort by price, but it shows you the irrelevant garbage so in practice it's useless), so the trick is to use the 'price from ... to ...' by starting at a low 'to' price and gradually increasing it until you find something suitable. On mobile there's no from...to... and you can only select bands like under £15, £15-£50, etc. You have to ask your browser to view the desktop site to find the field you can edit.

It is all designed to show you the stuff Amazon wants you to see, not the stuff that you're looking for. You have to learn how to be equally hostile to them back.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

If they spent more time on actually knowing the difference between plugs and sockets that they do to hide shall we say, their adult toys from a general search, then it would save a lot of time when looking for cables.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Am 01/10/2023 um 12:19 schrieb fred: