carz

Why not ABS? I think it's a life-saver.

No need. His Parkinsons particularly affects his right foot.

Reply to
Graham.
2007 Suzuki bought at three years old in 2010 for £4000 cost £300 a year

no stop start no fancy tablet dasboard no DRLs no parking sensors or camera no electric hand brake no sunroof no satnav no keyless entry or keyless start no TPMS

2013 Dacia bought at three years old in 2016 for £5200 cost £650 a year

no stop start no fancy tablet dasboard no DRLs no parking sensors or camera no electric hand brake no sunroof no satnav no keyless entry or keyless start no TPMS

2005 mustang bought 2019 for £6000 cost $1300 a year

no stop start no fancy tablet dasboard no DRLs no parking sensors or camera no electric hand brake no sunroof no satnav no keyless entry or keyless start no TPMS

if it was up to me I wouldn't have ABS OR AIRBAGS either

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Am 03/10/2023 um 08:39 schrieb jim.gm4dhj:

R u going to sell them on Ebay like all of your dodgy stuff?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

they are not dodgy so no .....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Why do you run 3 cars?

Reply to
GB

Why not ABS? I think it's a life-saver.

Reply to
Fredxx

Who brakes with their right foot these days?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know several people who would not be here now if it were not for air bags, so as usual you are generalising. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I do and always have done,

Reply to
charles

People who regularly drive manuals and automatics.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Everyone I know uses their right foot.

Do you have two left feet, and dance accordingly?

Reply to
Fredxx

I was trying to work out how air bags could help people to have sex...

Reply to
Max Demian

Car buying is different than it used to be.

Could I interest you in a used golf cart ?

Other untapped resources, are used hearses and used limousines.

This baby has your name on it. Look at the cargo capacity.

Or something like this. One guy in uni (John, our stockroom assistant) used to like these, and he bought and imported more than one of these and fixed it up. That meant on vacation, he would be driving around Florida, looking for more.

There won't be air bags or ABS in one of those.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

because I can run three for what most people pay for one....one town one long distance and one sporty

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

when I crashed my '63 mini into a concrete post I didn't need them......

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

kwality man

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

with all the silly styling these days I think tail fins will make a comeback

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Most people who drive UK cars.

Racing drivers allegedly use the left foot for braking as they don't have a clutch pedal.

A rally driver (name long forgotten) was famed for his clutchless gear changes which enabled left foot braking.

Also back in the day you would "heel and toe" with the accelerator and brake, allowing the engine to be revved to aid a gear change whilst still braking.

Apart from that....

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

..having your left foot over the brake gives you at leas another 100ms shorter reaction time... ...The auto gearbox takes care of itself.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The only place that has nicer cars than that, is Cuba.

One of our larger used-car places has closed (no stock). And even new car lots, only 1/3rd of the lot has cars sitting on it. Stock is thin on the ground. That's why you look for used limousines :-)

They used to blame the lack of computer chips for the cars, on low production levels. But now, I'm not sure. I think they can get chips now, so that's no longer a good excuse.

The price of used cars is a lot higher, which is why there is no foot traffic in the lot of our small local used-car lot.

The rental car places, are holding onto their fleet for longer, so there are, at the moment, fewer rental-cars entering the used-car market. It's really a weird time to be alive.

Paul

Reply to
Paul