Timeguard ZV700B

Has anyone any experience of installing a Timeguard ZV700B?

I've replaced a standard wall switch with one and the 7W LED lamp it feeds has a gentle glow. The Timeguard instructions say it takes four hours to charge its internal battery (though I've seen 24 hours mentioned elsewhere). Could that be the reason for the glow as it's only been in an hour or so?

Reply to
Frank

It says "2-wire no neutral required" so it's vampiring its own power through the lamp, for an LED that could be enough to make it glow, or flash at intervals ... try a different LED lamp (if the current one is dimmable try one that isn't or vice-versa).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Last line of page 3 in the manual.

Quote Note, the ZV700B is not designed for use with LED or discharge lighting.

alan_m

The manual I read said LEDs were supported ... from the horse's mouth

"LED Lighting: Minimum 5W (individual) Maximum 20W total load (Each 5W minimum)

The LED switching capabilities of this product can be increased to 200W by the addition of the Timeguard ZV900 Automatic switch load controller"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks, I replaced the LED with an incandescent which flickered slightly and couldn't be turned off until the unit was fully charged when it when off of its own accord. I set the the Timeguard up and it worked as it should.

Replaced the incandescent with the 7W LED and I get a single flash when I turn the light on, then the glow returns. I'll find and try another LED tomorrow as you suggest.

Reply to
Frank

I can assure you it is designed for LEDs. The manual says so and so does Timeguard's Technical Department.

The ZV700 the B replaces was not

Reply to
Frank

Could you have one of the older designs? There seem to be any number of suggested fixes for this in LEDs, from a resistor across the lamp to using a relay. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Timeguard suggested solution is to buy another module at around £20.

This product requires to be permanently charged which is achieved through the switched Live. As such, some LED and CFL lamps may glow or flash whilst this product is in the “OFF” status. This glow/flash can be eliminated by adding the Timeguard ZV900 Automatic switch load controller to the circuit. The ZV900 is sold separately

Reply to
alan_m

The ZV700B is the latest version designed for LEDs.

Reply to
Frank

Thanks, I'm aware of that but Timeguard Technical say it shouldn't need the ZV900.

Reply to
Frank

If you look at the reviews on Amazon you will find that nearly everyone says they don't work with LEDs including those who have subsequently purchased the ZV900. The reviewers all complain about glowing and flashing lights when the switch is on the off position.

There may be some LED bulbs they do work with but, in general, you have no way of knowing what configuration of electronics in the base of the bulb has been used unless you take one apart. The electronics may be a simple capacitor current limiter or maybe a rarer switched mode supply, or something else. There is also a indication that if there is more than one bulb on the switch they may have to be all the same

Reply to
alan_m

Light bulbs usually say "dimable" or "non-dimable". It's probably the dimable ones that are OK. Mind you, when you fitted the bulb a year or so ago, and thrown away the packaging, you will have forgotten which type you have.

Reply to
charles
+1 843 620 1451 Hash Online Shop ABU DHABI in hashandcannabis

+1 843 620 1451 snipped-for-privacy@hashandcannabis.com Los Angeles , California (USA)

Hashish is produced from the resin glands (trichomes) of the cannabis plant. These trichomes are collected, processed, and compacted into a solid form, creating hash. The result is a highly potent substance known for its unique aroma, flavor, and effects.

Why Buy Hash Online? Purchasing hash online provides several advantages. It offers convenience, a wider selection, and access to reputable suppliers. Moreover, online dispensaries often provide detailed information about their products, allowing you to make informed decision

Legality of Hashish in Europe Before you buy hash online, it's crucial to be aware of the legal status of hashish in your European country. Laws regarding cannabis products vary, and staying compliant with local regulations is essential.

Traditional Hash This is the classic form of hash, typically found in brick or slab form. It has a distinctive aroma and a smooth, earthy flavor.

Bubble Hash Bubble hash is created using ice water and agitation to separate the trichomes from the plant material. It's known for its purity and potency.

Afghan Hash Afghan hash is renowned for its strong, sedative effects and earthy taste. It's often dark and sticky in texture.

Moroccan Hash Moroccan hash is known for its sweet, spicy flavor and a mellow, relaxing high. It's usually light in color and has a crumbly texture.

How to Order Hash Online Ordering hashish from HashandCannabis.com is a straightforward process. Simply browse their selection, add your desired products to the cart, and follow the checkout instructions. They accept various payment methods, making it convenient for customers worldwide.

Hash Culture in Europe Hash has a long-standing cultural significance in Europe, and it continues to be enjoyed by people from all walks of life. Learning about its cultural context can deepen your appreciation for this substance.

Buying hash online in Europe can be a rewarding experience when approached with knowledge and caution. Remember to research the legalities in your region, choose a reputable seller, and consume responsibly. With these guidelines, you can enjoy the world of hash safely and responsibly.

buy cheap hash online uk +1 843 620 1451 deep purple cannabis +1 843 620 1451 hash online shop +1 843 620 1451 Hash UK Delivery +1 843 620 1451 how to buy hash +1 843 620 1451 buy real hash online +1 843 620 1451 hash dispensary +1 843 620 1451 hash deep purple +1 843 620 1451 deep purple hash +1 843 620 1451 Hash Online Shop Europe +1 843 620 1451

+1 843 620 1451 snipped-for-privacy@hashandcannabis.com Los Angeles , California (USA)
Reply to
Sam Parker

Dimmable may not solve the problem

The problem is similar/identical to

In the case of the Timeguard switch the problem is worse because by design the switched live is never truly turned off. A small current flow is needed to keep the battery topped up and this small current is likely to be more than described in BigClive's video. This current always flows through the LED lamp. In the case of a dimmable LED lamp it will still see the full cycle of mains or equivalent to a full brightness setting on a dimmer switch, albeit with limited low current in the case of the Timegaurd switch.

The video possibly explains why the people who subsequently purchased the Timeguard ZV900 Automatic switch load controller at £20+ had no luck in solving the problem. The zv900 is likely to just be a electronic relay as shown in the video.

Reply to
alan_m

Possibly slightly different problem, but when I wanted to use an electronic switch with no neutral, ie one powered by a small leakage current through the load when off, with a CFL bulb which didn't conduct at all until it ignited, I used a small AC capacitor across the lamp, the type often used for interference suppression. That worked well enough.

Maybe it would leak enough through to keep your LED bulb from flickering.

nib

Reply to
nib

A Morrisons 13.6W dimmable is the answer.

Reply to
Frank