Subject Author Posted Replies

Heads up LED bulbs B&Q
Clearance area.....Box of three Diall 9.5 w warm white B22 bayonet £3 ...Box of three Diall 10.5 w warm white E27 Edison screw £4 ......bought a load before the wee bint shuts B&Q down on boxing day
28
28

Any experience of fireplace or chimney dampers?
We have a large'ish open fire and I'm tempted to make, or to get made, something to close-off the chimney when the fire isn't in use (which is most of the time). Has anyone here done the same? (Yes, I...
19
19

VW Golf Mk6 (2011) 2.0 diesel: particulate filter & dash warning lights
Hello All. Advice appreciated and I would have posted also to but that group seems to be pretty dead, now. The problem: diesel particulate filter (DPF) light came on, briefly, about 2 weeks back....
7
7

Soft drawer closing feature not working
Our kitchen units have Blum drawer kits with a soft closing feature, however one drawer does not seem to want to work and needs pushing completely home. When the drawer is taken off the runners both...
4
4

Win10 - 'This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.
I'm trying to install a BP monitoring app on Win10, this one - [Blue button upper right] I have seen this error before, without being able to resolve it - (see the subject line) and it shows when I...
12
12

Teleportation?
The latest research from Caltech, NASA, and Fermilab (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory), built a unique system between two labs separated by 27 miles (44km).
7
7

iPhone glitch
iPhone owners! Ever had this? Audio from phone is very quiet, also some camera options missing. Reboot fixes it. I've never had it before. Bill
4
4

Windows 7 & 10 on one machine?
Following from my Windows is weird thread, but perhaps justifying a separate one, a new question: my desktop PC runs Windows 7, with the OS loaded onto an SSD drive. From an earlier experiment with...
75
75

Car key fob.
One of my remote (Jaguar) key fobs was intermittent and then stopped altogether. I tried bending the battery contacts, but to no avail. The least cost option I could find was to send the whole unit to...
22
22

An interesting article
1987's Acorn Archimedes was the first production RISC-based personal computer.
5
5

Home Automation / Home Assistant automation?
With some good pointers from the Home Automaters here I've been experimenting with a starter HA system (from Lidl). Their Silvercrest rebranded Tuya ZigBee gear all seemed to work out of the box (hub,...
8
8

Santa has been early
But the elves have been very naughty under the tyre this morning. File:Naughty.jpg - DIYWiki
20
20

Windows is weird.
Any suggestions as to why my Windows 7 (Home Premium) desktop PC insists on telling me that it's updating the operating system (always with three updates) every single time I switch it off or reboot...
174
174

OT:One good reason for a landline ...
Expecting a call from Dr. on my mobile. All charged, ringer on. Full service. Thing has just beeped with a voicemail left by Dr. No record of a missed call on phone. So despite being in full service...
7
7

how to stain wood
"So I watched this video yet I still don't know how to stain wood" Thanks for Watching "How to DO it". This is Part 2 of a 3 part episode on "How to Rehab a Wood Shelf". Part 1 was Sanding...
4
4