Subject Author Posted Replies

Advice needed replacing corrugated iron with concrete sectional garage.
The time (and money) has finally arrived to knock down a 22 by 10 foot corrugated iron garage, that could easily already have been 20 to 30 years old when we moved into the property almost 40 years...
6
6

Outside light problem
I have a series of 8 mains voltage outside bulkhead type lights. (fixed under the soffits). One stopped working so i duly had the cover off and replaced the lamp. The light did not come on. Tested the...
15
15

Roofer with a sense of irony
My roofer (well, the roofer who fettles my roof, as I'm scared of heights) has a keen sense of irony. He announced that he had had a fall and broken a couple of ribs, on the stairs inside his house....
2
2

OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey ), here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for...
58
58

ho ho
Here's me commentary on Destination F#%KED! Volume 15. Check out the new merch here: https://ozzymanshop.com/ Source Videos: 1. Crane vs Plane: https://youtu.be/Odk5BROcBG0 2. Palanquin Fail:...

tee heeeeeeeeeeeee
I brought me best mate Mozza in to help me with this Cash-in-Transit attempted robbery video in South Africa. Links to articles with the full story below. Destination F#%Ked MERCH:...
6
6

solid wall insulation - 1st floor
I?m thinking of insulating some external solid walls using 2 layers of 25mm celotex set overlapped between wall fixed 25mm battens, with plasterboard over to fix it all in place. Is it necessary to...
5
5

inverter for Halogen Hob and Oven
Hi All? Some years ago we hired a very posh very modern Broads Cruiser this was kitted out amongst other stuff with a ceramic hob (halogen I think) and a largish electric oven and separate microwave....
5
5

waterproofing wheetabix
Hi All, Camping again?.. I am planning to take an off cut of worktop to camp to use as a worktop to put the cooler on. It?s the standard wheetabix with laminate on the top and front (Bullnose). It...
3
3

Sri Lanka battles waves of plastic waste from burning ship
Sri Lanka battles waves of plastic waste from burning ship by Amal Jayasinghe, 5/28/21, Phys Org Tons of plastic pellets from a burning container ship swamped Sri Lanka's west coast Friday, prompting...
7
7

A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes
On Sun, 30 May 2021 17:00:31 -0700 (PDT), David P
146
146

"Grouting" between existing patio slabs: how to avoid dry powdery mortar
Our house has a patio of stone slabs (slightly irregular size, shape and thickness - not rectangular concrete slabs). They seem to have been laid on bare earth, as far as I can see from looking into...
25
25

Large screen TV
Was idly looking at some 65" TV reviews, and the 'best buy' at 3000 quid only came with a wall mount bracket. For table top or freestanding, you had to find and aftermarket stand - they didn't even...
52
52

what is this????
https://ibb.co/mhyk6zxhttps://ibb.co/5rG3zfnhttps://ibb.co/bPWjTkn Image DSCF3284 hosted in ImgBB Image DSCF3286 hosted in ImgBB Image DSCF3287 hosted in ImgBB
13
13

Running 2 x camp fridges off one gas bottle
Hi All, I currently use a gas fridge when I go camping. This year we will need 2. Is it feasible to run 2 fridges of one (Calor Butane) bottle? Or do I need one bottle and regulator per fridge?
11
11