Subject Author Posted Replies

Potterton netaheat 10 16 electronic
hi,just replaced the old ptt1 cylinder thermostat with a drayton hts3 terminal 1 to org . terminal 2 to grey and the common to terminal 3 inches junction box ,the problem I have now the HW shut off...
1
1

Amazon OTP for delivery ?
Ordered a high value item yesterday. Got an email telling me that I will need to give the driver a One Time Password when it's delivered. And that I can find that OTP by clicking "Track Package". I...
4
4

OT: Sea on fire
An amazing bit of footage of an undersea gas leak that has me puzzled. a burst pipeline but I?m puzzled by the redness of the sea. Presumably the gas can only burn when is mixes with air above the...
15
15

Airbrushes (Help)
I have a cheapo (Chinese?) airbrush. It has been cleaned thoroughly (so no paint residue). But it will not spray paint properly. It will let air through but on pulling back the lever (double action)...
3
3

What happens to the surplus skin, if you slim?
Serious question, I'm not fat nor is swmbo, but our dog is and on a exercise and diet regime to loose around 1/3 of her weight. What normally happens to the skin, when weight is lost - does it shrink...
7
7

Finding an honest damp-proofing firm
Friend's house has rising damp and some woodworm. The part that is concrete floor has RD, including internal walls; the wooden-floored area is similar plus a bit of WW. The DPC is slate but is almost...
26
26

Q What's the difference between a letterbox and a box of Cat5 cable?
Serious question as the postman in Fishlake does not know the difference. A run of cat 5 through ducting to the garage waiting for the other end to go into the house. The postman has used the slot to...
3
3

OT: "Terrible Shortages of Everything" on the way
Which will, of course, be erroneously blamed on Brexit. When that happens, you can be a smart arse and put others right with a few pertinent facts: "It’s going to be a major, major mess"... "We’re...
75
75

Neat trick - bank interest
Marcus were paying 0.40%, I received an email this morning suggest that I could get an extra 0.10% simply for going to their site and clicking to request the extra, making it 0.50%. I wonder how many...
28
28

OT: Labour council bankrupt
"Slough council has issued a section 114 notice, declaring itself bankrupt. The notice means any new spending will be banned and declares the local authority doesn?t have enough funds to deliver or...
4
4

Chinese postal addresses
I have an item to return to China (cheap enough from Royalmail) the seller has given me the following details, copy/pasted from the chat system on their support website Address:...
17
17

Laminate splash back around window
I've 6mm laminate splashback around a window, bare cut edge up to the rebate. Unsure how to trim/finish it (should have thought of this earlier it's now glued to the wall), I'm thinking either shower...
3
3

Straps for roof tile repair
Hi all, I have a rosemary tile roof, which was fully stripped and re-done about 8 years ago. The roof is therefore in pretty good condition, though there are a couple of tiles here and there that are...

Had a message from EE on Tuesday
I had an SMS from my SIM only phone supplier, to say I would have to agree to a change of reducing my current 10Gb to 3GB data/month for £10, or if I did nothing it would auto role over to 10GB...
15
15

Phone app says British gas wireless thermostat disconnected
The batteries were changed in my wireless thermostat and since then my phone app just says the thermostat is disconnected. I have paired the thermostat with the receiver and that is all working. I...