Anyone tried Fischer Duopower plugs?

They look clever and the reviews seem to be very positive

Reply to
Murmansk

I've used the regular length ones, which can be bought with matching screws. They work. They're handy particularly when you're drilling into something and you don't know whether it's solid or hollow. They cost about 5p each but IMHO worth it, and saves having to stock different fixings for different materials.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Yup, hung all my kitchen cupboards with them, solid like a rock

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Not seen them but have used the previous version. Even their "ordinary" plugs are bloody good.

Reply to
newshound

I sort-of invented those independently (in my head)(*) ... so of course they must be great...

I agree that Fischer 'standard' plugs are great.

(*) along with pyramidal tea bags, grr...

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Mentions being shorter as an advantage - modern plugs are often too short anyway. Radiator on standard plasterd brick wall I like 5mm x 40mm or go up a size for big rads. Plugs are only about 30mm long - I save any long plugs for heavier use or where there's significant risk of other loading (wind, leaning on etc.).

Reply to
PeterC