Subject Author Posted Replies

Oh the irony
Was investigating a damp patch on the dining room ceiling. Traced it to a weeping speedfit connector that has lost its seal due to a build up of limescale. The connector is on a 'magnetic descaler'...
20
20

Casting question
A question for those who know about casting techniques.... Was watching this the other day: (kind of explains the price they charge for their planes etc!) During the section in the foundry, after...
12
12

Knock off, or just flattery?
I though this: familiar: design seems to have a Bosch ring to it: like the old GST 85: (their AG looks rather Makita ish as well) I wonder how close a copy they are quality wise?
8
8

13 Amp Nut
within the pre-programmed firmware of Squirrels, there seems to be an instruction sequence that involves detaching round nut-like objects from branch like things like wires, before applying angle...
17
17

Finding flat/square holdalls/kit/tool bags, etc?
Artists' folio?
7
7

Totally OT Old mobile phones, ring tones and women
Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100 that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1] The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone....
15
15

Releasing seized thread
The bath tap in our house is old (~40yrs). The valve which diverts the flow into a simple shower fitting no longer works. The whole thing should screw out but the threads are locked solid. Here is a...
5
5

Cutting coving around warm air vent?
I'm trying to install ceiling coving in a four walled room. I'm encountering two problems: 1) two vertical (floor to ceiling) pipe boxes one in a corner and one on a straight wall and 2) more...
2
2

TOT: Speech
Number 1 daughter gets married next week, so I'm writing my Father of the Bride speech. Any good jokes? Clean if possible. She's a paramedic in London, he's a policeman in Kent if that helps.
15
15

How long are boiler spares available?
Hi, My Ariston non-condensing boiler is a bit on the blink. It's ten years old,= and I'm toying with the idea of just scrapping it and getting it replaced = with a condensing model. It would be a...
14
14

Karma...
Maybe there is a God after all. Liverpool Echo, the very latest Liverpool and Merseyside news, sport, what's on, weather and travel. Plus the latest Liverpool FC and Everton FC news.

What plastic sheeting is..
The stuff used in greenhouses without eaves. ie the stuff is bent around a radius with plastic joiners to the edge of normal glass top and bottom. The old tatty instructions calls it plexiglass. Not...
15
15

That's not 61mm
"Nik Wallenda braved wind and heavy spray to make the 1,800ft (550m) walk from the US to Canada on a two-inch (61mm) wire." A man from a celebrated family of professional daredevils has completed a...
27
27

Oil versus LPG for Heating and Cooking
I wonder if anyone here has converted from oil to LPG for heating and cooking in the home and has made running cost comparisons? I should imagine that location makes a difference, I am considering...
8
8

They come in little plastic packs
A tenuous DIY connection... come in little plastic packs In groups of five or ten I haven't seen 'em singly Since I don't remember when In the little plastic packs Those little things do dwell And...