Subject Author Posted Replies

110mm soil fittings: pushfit only?
Hi, I was wondering if there was a solvent weld equivalent of this: screwed access cap? Are push fit fittings preferred for drains to allow for expansion? The disadvantage with push fit as far as I...
2
2

Rip-Off Britain. Anyone tried to buy a fridge thermostat recently ?
As per subject. My 2008 Liebherr fridge freezer needs a new thermostat but the model I need doesn't seem to be available in the country, even though it is made by Invensys (but at their factory in...
21
21

Lidl all purpose thinner?
Anyone tried this to thin revell/humbrol model paints to use in an air brush? The site doesn't tell you what's in it.
1
1

Totally OT - Ailing Relative
Probate lawyers deal with disputes over inheritances, and carry on faffing about until there's no money left to divide. Solicitors mainly charge the earth for doing dogsbody paperwork that any fool...
34
34

voltage detector pens
Hi, What is the group's opinion on voltage detectors such as these: it best to buy a branded one or are they all much the same? TIA...
8
8

Hardboard
Any ideas or caveats please for glueing paper to hardboard? I have an old Geographia street map (ca. 1960) which is failing by splitting along the folds. It has been stuck together with Sellotape, but...
8
8

maytag drinks dispenser
Anyone here familiar with the workings of these american style fridge freezers. My boss has one and asked me to change the water filter because it was blocked and the thing wouldn't deliver chilled...
2
2

Plumbing Questions
I've lots of pumbing to do - pretty much whole house, so hoping for a bit of help and advice here over the coming weeks. I've got a new MDPE pipe into the kitchen, and then several others going back...
4
4

Wiki: Alkali
Feedback welcome NT ==Caustic soda== *Strong alkali *Cleans ovens *Unblocks drains *Strips [[paint]] *Toxic, irritant, can cause serious eye injury. *A relatively high risk chemical, follow...
14
14

Corrosive substance shipment
I need to send from the UK to Spain a 250ml disinfectant liquid that is labeled as corrosive, it contains 5% hydrogen peroxide and 0.1% peracitic acid Any idea of which carrier I can use that is not...
2
2

Damp behind shelves
Hi all For a lot of years now, I've had a lot of metal brackets and shelves in my upstairs bedroom that I've used to store all my DVDs and CDs on. I've just found to my horror that some of the...
16
16

Connecting a Raspberry Pi to an old TV
Son was delighted to receive a Pi yesterday, but we cannot seem to view anything, using an ancient Sony portable TV. The only conventional PC monitors we have use VGA. The Pi has a yellow phono socket...
42
42

Removal and reuse - uPVC windows, shower tray etc.
Couple of things I'vew been contemplating: (1) I've recently (last couple of years) fitted a new shower tray (ceramic) but the shower cubicle goes in the refurbishment. Is it worth cleaning the tray...
13
13

Dual Boot for Win 7
I plan to get a brand new Laptop with Windows 7, but would also like to run or dual boot Win XP for many legacy programs that don't run too well, even under Vista - mostly due to graphics probs. The...
9
9

Roller garage doors
Any recommendation for the best manufacturer/company for a new garage roller door? Seceuroglide look slightly better than gliderol, and the newer LT version looks good value as well. But I do wonder...
7
7