transparent ceiling tiles

Hi

I have a real, genuine retro bathroom, and amongst one of its features is a suspended ceiling with squares of transparent plastic tiles (perspex/acryilic??). Strip lights above them provide diffused light to the room.

The plastic squares have yellowed over time and need replacing.

Searching for potential suppliers so far has mainly brought suppliers of opaque tiles.

Any suggestions re suppliers of direct replacements would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Reply to
LocalHero

I don't know what you've done so far. In the past I've cleaned up yellowed plastic & glass enough to get them almost completely clear.

Sheet perspex can be misted by sandblasting or using solvent. An alternative is to use plain white plastic shower curtain on clear sheet.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I had a kitchen like that in 1992.

Try suspended ceiling prismatic diffuser in google, eg

Owain

"We do not currently supply ceiling grid at the Suspended Ceiling Shop"

seems somewhat odd ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Hmmm - maybe I'll get the Karcher at them and see what happens.

Thanks for that.

Reply to
LocalHero

That looks like the right thing - if a bit pricey - thanks for the link.

Reply to
LocalHero

That reminds me... it was angle grinder in 2011, and pressure washer for

2012. What's the tool for 2013?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

If it is anything like 2012, umbrella.

Reply to
polygonum

How about product?

Expanding foam!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Your local suspended ceiling or shopfitting place is probably ripping out lots of old diffuser lights and replacing them with louvred ones.

Hang around outside the local Greggs and wait until a ceiling fitter's van pulls up and see if you can bribe them with some sausage rolls.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Sounds like a quick way to break them