Bathroom Ceiling Materials/Tiles

What (ceramic, granite, glass, melamine, corian, [arborite?], etc.) ceiling-tiles/materials make sense (especially in a bathroom)? How might they adhere and/or would they fall easily? How well would they resist some forms of water-pressure or help prevent mold/mildew and water-seepage/damage if, for example, a bathroom were to be cleaned by, in part, being sprayed, floor-to-ceiling?

I should start looking up at ceilings more. :)

Richard M.

Reply to
Cloddillod

Hehe... so i gotta admit - 'tiles on a ceiling' ?!

Reply to
zenboom

In car washes and water treatment plants I use cement board back up and Fipon fiberglass- cement finish. Under light use a 1/4" thick ceramic tile on the cement board ceiling will also work OK. EDS

Reply to
eds

"Don" wrote in news:R5k3f.13942$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I never thought of that. The could look really beautiful!

Floor, tho', would be a worry because I'd think it'd get awfully slippery, unless it was etched. But still a really nifty idea!

That solid flat surface would be great, a breeze to wipe down.

The thing I dislike about grouted tiles is the grout. I suppose one could use grout-sealer on it, but I prefer the types of tiles that fit right up against one another (natural stone seems to be the only type that allows this ) - and the single-surface idea is even better :)

Gee, that sounds nice, also.

Now if only there was a way to combine some of the "green" or even "earthship" ideas (water collection, temperature stability, some energy self-sufficiency, and so on) with some of these more elements... And no gables of course ;)

- K.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news:Q6s3f.13159$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

That's a unique way of looking at it - nifty stuff. Opens yet another "idea dimension" so to speak.

Reply to
Kris Krieger