Totally OT Old mobile phones, ring tones and women

Actually it's my new mobile phone a Nokia X6-00 to replace my Nokia 1100 that could no longer get a signal. RIP you old beauty I'll miss you [1]

The phone is only new to me, it is the gf's old phone. After 2 weeks of owning it I have discovered something.

If I call the mobile from my home phone I get a different ring tone to the usual ring tone.

what I get as a ring tone when I call from my home phone. That is a bit scary.

[1] This 1100 could last a week on one charge and survive a drop from 4m.
Reply to
ARWadsworth

ARWadsworth :

What's scary, the fact that the phone can do that (not scary at all) or why she set the phone up to play that song only when *you* phoned her?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

The second option.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You can set up 'groups' on Nokia's. My family - wife, daughters, in laws etc had one ring tone, mates another & anyone else a third one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yeah, mine does that - could be useful, I suppose. There's probably an app to append individual ring tones to specific numbers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

More importantly you can set some numbers to silent.

Reply to
dennis

I thought most phones could be set up to play different ringtones depending on who the call is from. a number of people have the Star trek red alert sound with Its the wife over it for the wife.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Chap I know has his phone play the Ride Of The Valkyries when his wife phones.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Great feature ... you set up known callers with audible ringtones, and then leave the volume down for anyone else. Sort of jerrybuilt ACR. Although my last Nokia would actually speak the name from the contacts list - great when driving.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I'm with 3 and they do remarkable well at call screening everyone for me.

Reply to
mogga

My aged Motorola has what I consider a bug, but they think it is a feature. The conversation went a bit like this (snipped from a series of emails):

SMS alert also is due to the fact that you have selected a particular Ringer ID you want for that person. If that person rings you or sends you a text message you will be nofitied by that alert you have chosen for that person.

,Fax,email or call you,then the Ringer ID you have slected for that person ,will go off.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

You could use 'My Wife' from the Who album "Who's Next".

Reply to
Jaffna Dog

And I would say it is not a well known song. It's older than her.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Agreed about the 1100 - mine took a slide under me when I came off my bike when it was 6 months old in 2005. Just got a new cover off ebay, no leaking LCDs like the modern stuff. Got a new battery this year. Now 732 hours 54 minutes on the clock!

Reply to
Part Timer

And no abuse:-)

You know you can drop the 1100. I have a feeling that just putting the X6-00 down onto a table too hard will break it.

I just know that if I throw it at an apprentice it will break! They are trained to duck.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

How do you find the touch screen on the X6? I have an E71 as I just can't get to grips with a touchscreen lol

Reply to
gremlin_95