Subject Author Posted Replies

cutting 175 mm disc out of MDF
I need to cut a one-off round disc of 20mm MDF Need it to be as perfectly true to round as possible, as will then run a guided moulding cutter around it with router to make it slightly decorative. My...
9
9

NVR recommendations
I have a couple of 1080 network cameras. Was going to install zoneminder but it looks like a faff and i'll need a spare PC. So wondered about a NVR instead, but want one that will record in 1080 from...

ATTN: Mr Pounder Esquire: CO2 extinguisher weight
I've got a 2kg CO2, which says tare 2.93kg, gross 4.93kg on the side. It weighs (give or take 0.2kg) 4.2kg, which suggests it is 63.5% full. But shaking it makes no liquid sound. Do I have much in...
6
6

Crimp
Sometimes a ChocBlock is not the solution: The video is the first of a kind to involve a Full step by step High Voltage cable repair procedures that basically consist of replacing the damaged section...
3
3

L E D christmas lights cheap but need painting
After Christmas Dyas are doing their led christmas lights at half price plus 15% off. I got 100 white leds for £5 odd. But they are too bright and overpowering. Is there any *transparent* type paint...
15
15

halide to LED
Has anyone any experience of swapping a 70W halide lamp and ignition gubbins out for a E27 LED "corn" lamp? AJH https://www.lightrabbit.co.uk/20-watt-e27-led-bulb-120x-smd-5050.html
29
29

How to waste an afternoon
I have an old (2001?) JCB shredder. I've used it for several years, unjamming it now and again. Yesterday I used it and it stopped again, so I unscrewed the cover (single screw) as usual to remove the...
8
8

OT: Proof cats are stupid
Cats scared of Cucumbers Compilation - Cats Vs Cucumbers - Funny Cats Cats Vs Cucumbers Part 4 - https://youtu.be/KLZvYrvYi0c Cats Vs Cucumbers Part 3 - https://youtu.be/GDUCz7ighNk Cats Vs Cucumbers...
13
13

Home cinema...
.. but a bit bigger than most folk go for. ;-). Brilliant IMO. Apologies for sharing a link to he Daily Wail. For Brian: A film fan has built his very own cinema in his back garden in tribute to a...
8
8

Toilet Unblocker
Hi All, Does anyone have experience of trying these for unblocking toilets: or The sensible option of trying to persuade my kids not to use half a roll at a time hasn't been very successful and I'm...
19
19

Laminate on Laminate
I have rather tired and badly fitted laminate in three largish rooms and am considering installing new modern laminate. Is there any reason why I shou ldn't fit the new stuff simply on top of the old...
7
7

OT Talking of 'The Wireless'
The radio station on DAB operated by Age UK is having a senior moment. Last night it was playing music like a fast winding tape in bursts with gaps. It sounded just like what happens if you attempt to...
6
6

Crime hotspot in N Norfolk
LOCAL POLICE NEWS DAMAGE CAUSED TO TRAIN STATION PLATFORM - SHERINGHAM Officers from Sheringham are appealing for witnesses to come forward after damage was caused to the newly laid concrete at the...
10
10

[OT] "Staff in an Aberdeenshire sweet shop had a surprise customer - pop star Kylie Minogue"
Kylie Minogue buys 2 bags of sweets and it's news. Sometimes there's something else to a news story but this time there's nothing else at all. It's a slow news time of year but surely there's a...
5
5

Christmas Reassembler
Best thing I've seen so far this Xmas (although hopefully Sherlock will be good). For a country that likes to pretend it has an engineering base, the fact that you need to buy screwdrivers from the...
17
17