Crimp

Sometimes a ChocBlock is not the solution:

DerbyBorn

Clearly Wagos wouldn't be so good, with the cables approaching from different directions, but you'd think an XXL scotchlok would be OK.

Reply to
Andy Burns

En el artículo , DerbyBorn escribió:

That was fun, thanks for posting the link. 10 sec for the JCB to chop through it, all day to fix it.

I was impressed with the attention paid to cleanliness, measuring up, etc.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I used to work in a Cable Manufacturing company ... the issue was not jointing the copper, but relieving the electrical stress that flows over the jointed area. The stress is evened out by a dielectric layer between copper core and the insulation .... all nice and smooth as it passes down cablr - if it is not smooth at a joint it acts like mechanical force and will burst out.

Used to be highly spectacular simulating lightning strikes onto cables - and seeing effect on joint after accelerated ageing at temp in a salt water spray room.

Often literally blew apart ...

Britain was at forefront of such things .... now an Amazon depot site on location of the Hi-Voltage cable manufacturing plant.

Reply to
rick