Latest threads in Paintingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

what do I use over oil base paint when painting with acrylic
No further details provided
2
2

Do I need a primer,to paint latex paint over oil base paint?
Wish to paint over a oil base paint with a latex paint. Do I need to use a primer on the oil base paint? Exterior painting.
2
2

trim around garage door is peeling. I have scraped all loose paint. Should primer be applied before repainting?
I have a significant amt of bare wood after scraping loose paint.
1
1

can i mix watco teak oil with watco danish oil for a workbench
I have a little bit of danish oil and a little bit of teak oil. want to mix them and put it on a workbench made from scrap 4 by 4s. Just to seal it . the bench will be in a garage in N.E. FL.

what color works best for a strom door
I have a Forrest green color door and windiow shutters color match. cream color vinyl siding and currently have a white strom door with gold brass handel/kick plate etc. Want to replace the storm door...
1
1

what paint can I use to cover the asbestos,removal to expensive
house built in 40's, to expensive to remove asbestos siding, looking for paint that I can use to cover. I heard of a company called "Armor Paint", please advise. Thank you.
8
8

Stain Problem, Can You Help?
I am attempting to restain a chair which was stripped a week ago, but not all the dark color came out of it. I think it is walnut. My husband just bought a preconditioner and grey stain (which looks...

My third coat of satin polyurthene set up with crackle and strange star like lines
I used foam brushes to apply first 2 couts of Satin Polyurethne went great - 3rd coat...right upon completion of application surface started to crackle and strange ridges and star like figures rose...

can you paint sliding doors
I am in the process of ordering a doggy door that only comes in white and won't match the sliding door color at all. Can I paint over aluminum? Will it dry fast and look good? Thanks, C.
6
6

My metal pole barn was painted and the painter left many drippings. How do I remove them?
My pole metal pole barn was spray painted in excessive heat by a painter. Now there are many drippings and he is trying to remove them in order to repaint these areas. What is the best method to do...
1
1

will kiltz block odors from human urine and feces on concrete slab and will it seal
Can kiltz seal and block human urine and feces odors on concrete slab floor under padding and carpet ?
2
2

Paint aluminum railings
Hi I want to spay paint my faded aluminum gold tone railings black how should i prepair and what type spay paint should i use
5
5

i'm painting my bathroom what would be the best primer to use
i'm painting my bathroom what would be the best primer to use
6
6

paint for redwood siding
I want to know the best paint for painting redwood siding
1
1

is Zinser's Bin shellac latex or oil base primer & what type of roller is used on subflooring?