Stain Problem, Can You Help?

I am attempting to restain a chair which was stripped a week ago, but not all the dark color came out of it. I think it is walnut. My husband just bought a preconditioner and grey stain (which looks little dark). So I am wondering if I should bleach the chair lighter and also put paint thinner in the stain to get it lighter. Any suggestions at all would be helpful. I m a little worried about bleaching since the chair is rather dry after stripping so much. I haven't even colored my hair yet for my daughter's wedding let alone the stupid chair, Thanks

Signed,

Stressed out Mom

Reply to
Stressed out Mom