is Zinser's Bin shellac latex or oil base primer & what type of roller is used on subflooring?

Rust-Oleum Zinsser B-I-N® SHELLAC-BASE PRIMER. The (full) name says it all. Shellac it is. 
formatting link

Is this for the subfloor? Take a look at their water-based primers like Bulls Eye. It's easier to apply (sticks to <strong>anything</strong>, more humidity resistant and it's very low odor, 1 hr to dry.  Rust-Oleum Zinsser BULLS EYE 1-2-3® WATER-BASE PRIMER:
formatting link

As far as roller for the subfloor - if your subfloor is particle board, you need a roller that can work on a very rough surface - the one with wider nap or pile - the width of the surface contact once you press it against the surface. The wider the nap the softer the roller (plushier foam or longer fibers) the better it will reach into the valleys and behind the surface irregularities. If the subfloor is plywood, any roller will do.
You'd want to get yourself a handle extension for the roller else your back will be real sore real soon.
Good luck!
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.