Latest threads in Orchid Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Orchidelirium now posted
Orchidelirium, the newsletter of the Port St. Lucie Orchid Society, is posted at the following link: Diana http://www.orchidweb.org/aos/MessageBoard/DB_Topics.aspx?fid=13&random=633030923057676900...
1
1

brown goopy stuff on petals
speaking of phals, i have a golden peoker daughter which has a couple flowers that have a spot of brown goopy stuff on a couple petals. there is a lesion that goes from the front to the back of the...
1
1

Sticky substance from palenopsis
This sticky stuff, if left along will eventually cover most of the leaf. I first noted it because it had dripped onto tile floor. I was walking around one day in bare feet. I hae not used malathion,...
3
3

Duck - Here comes Round 2
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:56:24 -0600, "Bob Walsh" <> wrote: I tried last time to get him out with the camera and he would not go. I will try again. Daughter in North Denver says she has 1 inch. We have...
2
2

Maikai 'Mayumi' -- how do you make it bloom?
So a friend brings has an orchid she got from her brother or somebody or other in Florida. It's a huge, specimen-sized plant--theoretically Brassocattleya Maikai 'Mayumi'--in one of the best-looking...
3
3

Happy Christmas
From Ann & myself, our best wishes to all on rgo for Christmas and 2007. For those suffering from the elements, we wish you the weather you need, asap. Thank you all for the fellowship and friendship...

Mexican Orchid Species Resource
John, Alex Maximiano is compiling something or other for AOS. I cannot remember whether it is the AQs or an index for Orchids. Alex, are you out there? Diana
6
6

Frozen in St Louis and my orchids are dying rant
If a company called Ameren tries to buy your electric company fight it tooth and nail. They bought UE and now the electric service sucks. It's almost impossible to get a human on the phone. Power...
1
1

The Lost Secrets of Growing Magical Orchids
Yeah, I was thinking about that when I first read it. I decided that growing regular orchids is challenging enough. I'm not ready to try the magical ones. :-) Steve
2
2

Re: Cleary's 3336, again.......
Thanks for responding, Pat, as usual. I imagine the hose end device is less accurate than an actual measure, but when you're doing a drench for all these plants, isn't it unwieldy to use a gallon...
5
5

Ping SuE
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:50:17 -0800, "K Barrett" <> wrote: We are fine. About 2 feet fell. the problem is what blew. My front door flower bed, which usually gets 2" and then melts dry, is waist deep in...
1
1

New SA Orchid - Hey, Wendy!
A new species of orchid with beetroot-red leaves and a white flower has been discovered growing just below the summit of the highest peak in the Cederberg Mountains. A member of the genus Disa, the...

Orchid TopSites
Just a quick note, If you have an Orchid related website (society, business, information site), feel free to list it at Thanks Marty http://www.OrchidTopSites.com

OT: ewwww ick-!
count me among the "aghast" What Color Is Your Poinsettia? Classic Red Christmas Plant Gets a Psychedelic Makeover, Driving Some Purists Batty By BART ZIEGLER December 14, 2006; Page D1 The painted...
2
2

Info about Orchid Champion
On the inside cover of the December issue of "Orchids" there is a full page advertisement on a product called Orchid Champion, the Winners Secret. - Secrets of a master grower with a great endorsement...