Brassia Rex Sakata

Where can I find info on this orchid? Managed to pick this up for $5.00 but don't have a clue how to look after it. Just could not walk by it for this price. Now I am in a quandry as how to mother it.....help.help.help.

Thanks Chuck.

Reply to
Faz

Hi, Chuck,

Try the link below for general information. FWIW, we grow the Brassias that we have (not too many) in media of coconut husk chips, small Aliflor, sponge rock and a little charcoal. Some folks add a little spaghnum to the mix.

Light: Not as high as Cattleyas, not as low as Phalaenopsis.

Temps: Warm to intermediate.

Fert: Same as you feed everyone else.

HTH Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga

Oh, go for the greenhouse! If I lived anywhere but Florida I would absolutely need to have the fuss of a G/H!

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga