Subject Author Posted Replies

Dying for work
Still watching you (the USA) swirl around the toilet bowl as you go down. Nice bill-boards you're putting up for yourselves... ========================= you are driving to work this morning in Las...
1

Grounding a house via overhead suspension cable?
I'm renting a vacation house on the Outer Banks of NC. It's one of those stilt built houses. I was looking at the service entrance and noticed 3 wires going into the pipe. 2 are obviously power but...
7
7

Genrator and Auto Transfer Switch
I have a functioning 10kw Generac propane generator with an automatic transfer switch. Circuits from the original panel were of course fed to the transfer panel. The outside generator feed goes into...
13
13

Another Garage Door issue
Garage door problems are on the rise and mine is experiencing another one. This morning, the door went up and stopped about 3/4 open. I lowered it with the remote, then reversed to open again helping...
6
6

OT: Heh! We'll frack YOU!
"The Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) recently impeded the ability of truckers to deliver water and sand to drilling [fracking] sites by reinterpreting a 50-year-old rule to limit...
8
8

Do they make bottle jacks to use horizontally? (2024 Update)
I never gave a second thought to using bottle jacks in any position, until I tried to use one on it's side, in other words, jack something horizontally. The jack did not function. I grabbed another...
38
38

On India's power outage
An overview story. But buried in the story is this: "But progress is being made. CenterPoint Energy, a regional utility company based in Texas, is in the final stages of constructing a network of...
71
71

OT Olympic jokes
I see the Romanians have taken Gold, Silver and Bronze..............and copper and lead, and any other metal they can get their thieving hands on!! ----------------------------------- The Sailing...
1
1

OT. Hacked
A couple articles about/by someone who had an online security lapse. From From Wired by the actual victim: The second one is pretty long but might interest some here.
5
5

Zoning vs. "Art"
Aftere four years in the Hamptons: "In April, though, the Sag Harbor Village Zoning Board of Appeals denied Lehr and Vered the variances necessary to make their installation legal, ordering them to...
4
4

Do you know what a telephone is for?
When I was growing up, a telephone was a device you used to dial a number and speak with a friend or business person. You'd stick your finger in the hole for each number you wanted to dial, and...
27
27

Exhaust CFM from central A/C Unit
What is the deck siding. You néed a shroud to the vent so all exit air does not mix with intake. Sure it will slow it some. I think my unit has at least 1500 to 2000 cfm. My deck has no siding...
6
6

Concrete cleaning
I put down cat litter on spilled motor oil, which is SOP. Mash it in and leave for a day or two. Sweep it up. It left gray haze, which I did not try to remove, so don't know if that would be...
6
6

Homelite gas string trimmer
Steve, About 100 psi in a cold engine. Have you tried starting fluid? Dave M.
1
1

No such thing as Rock Music
There are lots of rocks on my commune farm. I have carefully gone to each and every rock on the property and listened to each one. None of them have any music in them. Therefore calling music "Rock...
1
1