Werner S2210 ladder replacement

We have a Werner S2210 attic ladder bought and installed about eight years ago. Ours has not broken yet, but I see that there are many complaints of broken hinges resulting in falls, injuries and lawsuits. (I have read that this particular model was produced originally by a company that Werner bought.)

Some have reported that when they complained to the manufacturer they were offered a $100 gift card with which to buy a replacement.

Does anyone know of cases where Werner has offered "preemptive" gift cards to owners whose ladders have not yet broken, to fend off possible further lawsuits? I don't want to break a hinge deliberately or claim falsely that a hinge has broken, but I'm not crazy about the idea of continuing to climb it.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy