Subject Author Posted Replies

Impact-resistant lightbulb for drop light/work lamp??
... ... Oh, surely they're there...they're pricey, though... Look for "rough service" bulbs...gargle says WalMart carries 'em...they're in the Ace Hardware here and I'd think virtually anywhere as...
11
11

Dishwasher and Garbage disposal on one circuit?
The only way you have a chance of it working 100% of the time is if you use a 20a breaker. That is fine on 12 ga. The other option is to use 12/3 nm a 2 pole breaker and make a multiwire circuit with...
25
25

How dry should lumber be before painting with "Deck Correct" by Cabot?
I have a home made deck with wolmanized stringers and standard SPS deck pieces. I would like to paint the top pieces with Cabot's Deck Correct - a heavy latex product. How dry should the wood be...
2
2

OT: Die Apple!
This is amusing, Apple owes 14 billion in taxes. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
18
18

Repairing Door Frame - how much to charge?
Someone across town has contacted me to repair this door frame for them. Please see photo. I think I can handle it, but I wonder what would be a fair price to charge (I live in the Denver area)?...
4
4

Does a Bedroom require a Bed to be called a Bedroom?
What is a Bedroom? Does a Bedroom require a Bed to be called a Bedroom? What if you remove the bed from a bedroom, what does that bedroom become? What do you call that room, once the bed is gone? And...
33
33

OT: need to replace Yahoo News (finally)
I have had enough. Any suggestions for a news related site?
9
9

More woes for nation's flood insurance program
It might be time to change the program's approach in handling flood claims. Areas that are prone to repeated flooding should get a one-time payout; after that, if they choose to rebuild, it's at their...
8
8

advanced auto no longer offers trouble code scanning
i am no longer buying car parts at advanced auto. which has been my go to spot for auto parts forever. they removed all the code scanners sometime ago... corportate said good scanners cost 500 to 5000...
4
4

hanging tapestry on balcony
hey all what is the best way to hang a tapestry over a balcony rail? tried google for the best way to do it, but got hits on how to hang them on the wall.
2
2

OT/ Another Missing Person!
Don Y was very prolific here until July 12...Don if you have nym-shifted let us know. If you have gone the way of Mormy, we will never know!
1
1

Maytag Bravo Quiet series 300 - Lid safety bypass
bob_villa news: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 02:24:20 GMT Electrical modifications aren't to be done by idiots. If what I wrote is TMI for you, the instructions clearly aren't intended for you. No offense.
12
12

Gene Wilder dies at age 83
Blazing Saddles: No way would that movie be made now.
4
4

Damaged Particleboard bookshelves
One of my bookshelves was damaged in a recent move. Pictures here: The other three corners of the base have a small plastic foot nailed in. H ow would you repair this corner to keep it from...
13
13

Chris house listing
Home | Bright MLS