Subject Author Posted Replies

33,000 injured each year while using the toilet
Won't happen at my house. We took out the damned toilet to prevent injury. Safer to just go out to the front yard and squat. Actually, mostly on the neighbors lawn. He has been complaining about a big...
6
6

O.T. What are some uses for old but still functioning ball point pens?
I went thru one of our desk drawers tonight looking for something and along the way I decided to go through our overflowing ball point pen collection and get rid of some of them. We have 25, all...
7
7

Winterizing Outdoor Plumbing
Hi, The home is in the Sacramento, CA area. It sometimes gets down to 28-30 degrees F in the winter months. Last year I use that black spongy pipe insulation to protect my pvc supply to valve lines,...
5
5

What has happened to Adobe Flash?
What has happened to Adobe Flash? Lately, when you scroll past where the window for Adobe is it will jump down and lock itself to the right side of where you are viewing. Until recently clicking on...
7
7

Putting Moth Balls under a house in crawl space
It's that time of year that mice are getting into homes. I got 3 of them in traps so far. I think I found the place they get in, and sealed it (I hope), but I was told that putting moth balls in crawl...
6
6

They stole my house
My brother and I went camping many years ago. We put everything in the tent based on the prediction of rain. Stove, lanterns, lawn chairs, etc. The only thing we left outside was the food cooler. We...
5
5

Ceramic tile on kitchen floor?
Our kitchen has sheet vinyl and it looks as good as it did when we bought the house 20 years ago. It's pretty thick stuff, and tough. I put some cheap vinyl in my previous house, and found out it...
35
35

Mice in basement
Hi, I found mice nests in my basement insulation as well as mice droppings on the basement floor. My basement is unfinished. Are mice attracted to dark, unfinished areas? Would it help solve the mice...
14
14

OT Exercise and food
drink some right out of the bottle.... Walking gets easier as your body gets backs in shape. When I first started walking for exercise it took a while to get things settled down, something would stop...
5
5

Floor Lights
The sensor is workng, the bulbs good, no lites come on. Hurricane Mathew was here. Any idea?
6
6

how to wire (2) 300 watts transformers to make a 600 watt transformer?
Both of the transformers are the same model. I need to wire the output together so I can install more lights. Please give me wiring instructions. Thank you.
18
18

How to deal with police at a DUI checkpoint
And this is how it's done. 8/30/13 22:25. MLK x W Cheyenne ave, north Las Vegas NV. Driver refuses to answer questions, first officer aggravated, calls in NHP Sgt. Cook and proceeds to get an...
40
40

OT Winmx is working again
Music and movies. The number of users is down, but I hope they will return now that the sporge wars are over.
1
1

Yard-work :city style
New apartments nearby. Groundskeepers come in and rake a truckload of leaves into the street presumably for city pick up. Next they bring in an equal sized truck load of mulch...distribute it all...
15
15

Taking out air cap to install an sprayer.
I'm looking to take out the air cap for the dishwasher drain hose to instal l a sprayer for my sink. What's the best way to do this process? Is they an y video anyone has done this? Just looking for a...
2
2