Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Wood Screw
Uncle Monster posted for all of us... That is a good screw!
3
3

Steel shed with plywood base ?
That is a great link with very useful information, thanks!
11
11

OT: Ex-U.S. Presidents Start Fund to Help Hurricane Harvey Victims
Ex-U.S. Presidents Start Fund to Help Hurricane Harvey Victims ".....The presidents have a history of coming together to help victims of natural disasters. President Bill Clinton teamed up with the...

Hurricane Windows
We recently bought a FL house, in the path of Irma. Alas we are not near by, to actually inspect our house. My question. The prior owner had installed Hurricane rated windows and sliiding doors....
9
9

secure fence post to hardie siding to eleminate future sag
Hello, can anyone give me tips on this. I recently had a gate installed next to my house, the 4x4 post is buried 3ft in the ground next to the exterior of the house, I wonder about the gate sagging...
2
2

What are non-magnetic screws made of?
High quality stainless steel is not very magnetic. Try a refrigerator magnet on a piece of your kitchen flatware, you will see it doesn't stick or holds very poorly.
11
11

A $150 Billion Misfire: How Forecasters Got Irma Damage So Wrong
It was pretty damned exciting when the cat 3 eye wall came right over my house but the exceptional Florida building code and some preparation prevented any serious damage to the structures on my...
4
4

$1000 phone
The downside of course is that your desktop doesn't fit into a pocket and therefor you don't have it with you. I use my smartphone when out and about all the time. From pulling up info on products...
18
18

photography
The link to the wh holding meetings in the dark actually goes to one where Spicer lies about Donny having a bathrobe. So I found the story for you. It's from February and they have probably found the...

OT.. Irma #7, Harvey #18
Strength rankings of the two hurricanes when they hit the U.S. From or Hurricane expert Klotzbach: #Irma at landfall comes in 7th behind 1935 Labor Day storm – Watts Up With That?

OT: Cargo Ship Crosses The Arctic Without Aid Of Ice Breaker For First Time Ever
This tanker has some in-built ice breaking capabilities and is fueled by the natural gas it is transporting. Unfortunately, the ice levels in the arctic are now lower than ever before in recorded...
2
2

How not to attach flashing to brick
Look what I found when I checked out my contractor's work: This is the correct way, with the edge embedded in the mortar line: The window people sent the wrong flashing. They knew the house was brick....
1
1

tips for using a glass cutter?
I have been trying to cut some custom sized picture frames from some spare glass I have. However, trying repeatedly, I can't seem to get the same results I see in video demos or web instructions that...
5
5

Generator on half choke
I have gen rhat will run on half choke can not fix till after irma can i run it like this toll i can get repairs? Will it hurt it to run it power just went out
3
3

Driveway Moss Question
How thick is it? A little bleach and power washer may take care of it. It will die out over the winter but will probably come back if not removed. To rid of it completely, rotate your house so it gets...
4
4