ICE detains green card-holder after nearly 40 years in US

A white, male, doctor from Poland, I suspect he will skate on this.

ICE detains green card-holder after nearly 40 years in US

Dove Tail

He was 5 years old and our laws prevented him from becoming a legit citizen later. Yeah, we got our shit together.

Of course, at least one person here want to ship out people like this because they are taking American jobs.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Like I said, the optics going into the November elections will be amazing. Not only TV news like this, but can you imagine the ads the Democrats will be running? This is exactly what I warned about, that Trump would be a disaster and banish the GOP and conservatives to the wilderness for a generation, if not forever. This is the worst, most stupid politics one can imagine. With 11 mil illegals, why is ICE bothering with a doctor who came here when he was five? I'd start with the real criminals, the gang members, those that have been here 5 years or less. That would be enough to work on for a couple years. As the former head of the American Conservative Union said on Meet the Depressed today, the hard right nuts, eg Tom Cotton are doing again what they did in 2006. Bush had a decent immigration reform package, the hard right killed it. Back then, there were 5 mil illegals here, now there are

11 mil. Nice work.

If one wanted to destroy the GOP, they could not find a better vehicle than Trump.

Reply to
trader_4

It is my impression the "people" here would want to make an exception for this white, polish doctor.

Reply to
Dove Tail

Smart people would. I don't know the guy's history, but he may never have been to Poland after getting here, does not know the language and ICE would just dump him at some airport. This is just plain wrong and cruel to punish him after all this time for what his parents did 40 years ago.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Draconian? Yes, but it is being done to brown and black people all over our nation on a daily basis and, the alt-right revels in it, rather like coyotes rolling on the corpses of their prey.

Reply to
Dove Tail