Electric can opener puzzle

How does my $10 counter-top electric can opener know to stop after the can rotates 360 degrees and the lid is severed all around and sticking to the spring-loaded magnetic arm?

I don't see any kind of sensor or probe and the rotation can't be time-dependent because it works with different diameter cans.

So how?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

The magnet is holding down the "run switch" until it (the lid) lifts from the can.

Reply to
RonNNN