What is your total cost of ownership of your phone, over five years?

My phone is still going strong at 6 years, so I was just wondering what YOUR phone hardware total cost of ownership is over the past five years?
We should cover: 1. Original cost including tax (which could be almost 10% in some states) 2. Cases (if used - where some all-glass phones literally *require* a case) 3. Batteries (if required, including those required to maintain CPU speeds) 4. Useful items (e.g., courageous non-3.5mm earbuds, SD/SIM cards, etc.) 5. Minus current Ebay/Amazon used resale value (realistic numbers please)
It would interesting to see your total cost of ownership over 5 years.
On 1/23/2018 3:43 PM, Harold Newton wrote:

Samsung S4 was about $400 new. No additional cost to consider so just divide that by 5. No plans to ever sell it so no reason to factor that nonsense. It will be dead when finally replace.
The one that have astronomical costs are the ones that replace every years just to get the new model.
Not sure what the point of your exercise it.

to troll.
On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:58:48 -0500, nospam wrote:

Hi nospam,
Why don't you stay on topic please, and just give us your truthful numbers? (or just don't post to troll saying everyone but you is a troll)
Thanks!

i didn't say everyone was a troll.
i said *you* are a troll.
On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:27:11 -0500, nospam wrote:

Why don't you just post your numbers. I can't wait to see your completely fabricated resale value numbers.
I can easily guess *why* you don't - and yet you refute the numbers I posted.
It's simply because your belief system isn't supported by facts. In fact, your belief system is *threatened* by facts.
Facts such as true total cost of ownership.
In comp.mobile.android, on Wed, 24 Jan 2018 02:00:25 +0000 (UTC), Harold

You've slipped into the recent practice of misusing refute, when you mean deny, contradict or attempt to refute (or another word I can't think of.)
To refute means to provide accurate and sufficient evidence to convince others of the truth of something. That someone says the opposite is in no way a refutation, even if the second person is right and the original claim was wrong.

Over 5 yrs, my total cost = $50, because I purchased my T-mobile To Go Nokia 6030 "dumb" phone (for about $30) 8 yrs ago, along with $100 worth of talk time. That qualified me for Gold status, where all unused minutes roll over for a full year if I purchase only a minimal number of refill minutes ($10) within that year. I use the phone for only 15-45 minutes/year, refill 364 days after the previous refill, and still have a balance of about 1200 minutes of talk time. My wife has the same type of phone, same plan, and similar balance. We use the phones only for emergencies and only have them turned on when one of us is out of the house. Maybe 10 people in the world know our cell phone numbers. We have texting turned off by T-Mobile, so we never have to pay for spam texts.
On 01/24/2018 09:39 AM, Peter wrote:

Unfortunately one of the people who knows my number is name Heather and is a lower than whale shit telemarketer. What's worse is the maggots have started to spoof out of service local numbers that constantly change. May they all die of STDs.

emily and elizabeth keep calling me. oddly, they both have the same voice, and probably the same voice as heather too.

something far more painful would be much better.
On 01/24/2018 09:59 PM, rbowman wrote:

+1
Prison is not harsh enough.  I'd like to see the death penalty for these assholes.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/ataris-michael-davenport-indicted-27m-telemarketing-scam-article-1.3760799

much too quick.
On 01/25/2018 07:06 AM, nospam wrote:

Not in those states that haven't figured out how to do a lethal injection... Junkies do it every day but professionals can string it out.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27215508

it's still too quick.
a better alternative would be something which causes significant ongoing pain for the remainder of their natural life, possibly 50+ years of pain.

Yes, it only takes a little prompt to make your thoroughly rotten corrupt soul to reveal itself in all its inglory. You are really quite a piece of work!
--
dorayme

On 01/25/2018 08:20 AM, nospam wrote:

Oh. A kneecapping...
On 1/24/2018 9:59 PM, rbowman wrote:

On the do not call list?
I just reported a number that called 42 times trying to sell me an extended warranty on a car I sold two years ago. Most times I don't answer, other times I let them go theough the whole spiel and tell them I sold the car, a fe times I told them the owner they are looking for dies a month ago. After that, one still had the balls to ask if I still had the car.
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:50:34 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

For cell phones there are apps that will screen and identify calls from shysters like that. I use Should I Answer on my Android. They have a database in the cloud with known fraud, spam, etc and it will identify it as that when it's ringing. Or you can tell it to block them permanently, etc. And if you see a call that it doesn't know about, you can flag it, type a line about what it is, and then it updates their database.
On 1/25/2018 9:50 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Do not call list is worthless. Telemarketers mostly evade identification and even when they are caught, the fines are just a fraction of what most of them make; they just consider it a cost of doing business. Ever since we've configured our phones for NOMOROBO, we hear a single ring ---- and then silence for almost all robocalls. It didn't reduce the number of telemarketing calls we get, but maybe only 1 in 30 are a live person from a number we haven't blocked yet. (Our phones allow us to manually block any incoming call with the press of a button on the handset with a memory for 250 blocked numbers. In addition, we can go on-line to our phone service provider, view our calling history and block an unlimited number of numbers.) However, lately we've noticed that they callers are getting more desperate. We're getting robocalls as early as 8:30 on Sunday mornings!
In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 25 Jan 2018 10:25:05 -0500, Peter

Speak for yourself John.
I'm sure it's valuable. Before it I got loads of spam calls. After it I got almost none. Occasionally there have been some since, one that called several times a week and anothat called half that often, for a few weeks, but they faded away. They come and they go, but there isn't more than one a day now adn there's never anyone on the line when I pick up. I usually pick up on the first ring.

All true.

That is very good i hear, but it works only for voip phones