What is your total cost of ownership of your phone, over five years?

True, and I usually have a 7" tablet with me. When we first started developing for tablets I bought a couple of 10" tablets for testing and realized they were inconvenient to carry. I'm not interested in the phone part so 7" has proven to be a good size. However what I really use it for is surfing, podcasts, and music.

Reply to
rbowman

then you're not using it to its potential.

also keep in mind that many people use a laptop or desktop for surfing, podcasts and music too.

Reply to
nospam

When away from home I use my Blackberry foe surfing too - but as a wireless hotspot for my laptop (often a10 inch "travel computer") I use the phone to look up data - like tap drill sizes etc - but even for that it is not terribly good with my "old eyes"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I am using it for what is of interest to me. Solutions to problems I don't have are meaningless.

And?

I am listening to that at the moment on my Linux desktop. I could listen to it on my tablet. I could listen to several different versions I have on CD. I could both listen and watch the scene on a DVD I have.

Reply to
rbowman

I use a dedicated hotspot at home and on the road. It has a phone number, can receive text messages, and is on the Verizon network but it isn't useful alone. However my Kindle, Fire tablet, Fire TV, desktop, laptop, and so forth can connect to it.

Reply to
rbowman

$-32.

Reply to
sms

You've slipped into the recent practice of misusing refute, when you mean deny, contradict or attempt to refute (or another word I can't think of.)

To refute means to provide accurate and sufficient evidence to convince others of the truth of something. That someone says the opposite is in no way a refutation, even if the second person is right and the original claim was wrong.

Reply to
micky

Speak for yourself John.

I'm sure it's valuable. Before it I got loads of spam calls. After it I got almost none. Occasionally there have been some since, one that called several times a week and anothat called half that often, for a few weeks, but they faded away. They come and they go, but there isn't more than one a day now adn there's never anyone on the line when I pick up. I usually pick up on the first ring.

All true.

That is very good i hear, but it works only for voip phones

Reply to
micky

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

HAAAA good one! You slide them in nicely...

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

How about WordImperfect?

Reply to
Tekkie®

AFAIK, there are (MS) Windows emulators for Android, so use those with a Command Prompt window and Bob (or Harry/Harold?) is your uncle.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Is that still around? I'm pretty sure LibreOffice wouldn't have a chance.

Reply to
rbowman

They've gotten a little better but I've run Android emulators on Windows

-- bring horsepower and RAM, lots of it.

Reply to
rbowman

it is, and widely used by lawyers.

Reply to
nospam

  1. Original cost including tax (which could be almost 10% in some states) 8
  2. Cases (if used - where some all-glass phones literally *require* a case) (seriously)
  3. Batteries (if required, including those required to maintain CPU speeds) 1. Original cost including tax (which could be almost 10% in some states) $108 2. Cases (if used - where some all-glass phones literally *require* a case) $2 (seriously) 3. Batteries (if required, including those required to maintain CPU speeds) $0 4. Useful items (e.g., courageous non-3.5mm earbuds, SD/SIM cards, etc.) Sim card $15 5. Minus current Ebay/Amazon used resale value (realistic numbers please) $20 roughly
  4. Useful items (e.g., courageous non-3.5mm earbuds, SD/SIM cards, etc.) Sim card
  5. Minus current Ebay/Amazon used resale value (realistic numbers please) roughly
Reply to
jtees4