Oven control panel nonresponsive

Have Maytag model merh865ras that lost power due to a storm. When power came back the fan was running and the display read CAL. Turned off breaker for overnight and when it was turned back on the clock came on but the only button that would function was the cancel button. Clock keeps time but.cannot be set. Tried a new panel but it will only display the clock and the only button that responds is the clock button. It will only turn on and off the display.

Reply to
Charles Clark

Check to be sure you have power at both legs and a functioning ground. It you had a surge, anything may have been cooked. Check for any reset on the unit itself.

That would be my first steps. Second step would be to call someone that knows more about it than me.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm assuming the buttons are part of the panel and that the other panel was a new one? If so, I'd check for a schematic and see what powers the displa y, ie does it take AC directly or is there some other module that gives it DC? And agree with Ed, make sure both hots and neutral are there.

Reply to
trader_4