Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the
contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?
Reply to
Chuck Botts
Chuck Botts wrote in news:2b4a3$517dc252$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:
Check the nominal required voltage of the old and the new batteries. If the new battery has a different chemical construcyion, the voltage will be different.
Reply to
Sjouke Burry
Look for a good usenet provider, and usenet reader. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus
. . "Chuck Botts" wrote in message news:2b4a3$517dc252$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com... Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
If they are the correct batteries, I'd be looking for a new thermostat. I'd let it sit without the batteries for an hour or so just to make sure it's fully reset.
Reply to
trader4
Had the same problem. Replaced the batteries and the display still showed 'Repl Bat'. Fixed it by pulling the batteries, putting the unit back on the wall, then turning the power to the furnace off and back on. That cleared the display. Put the batteries back in the unit and all was well.
Reply to
Zeugma

Site Timeline Threads