[SOLVED] Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery" (2023 Update)

Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?

Reply to
Chuck Botts

Chuck Botts wrote in news:2b4a3$517dc252$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

Check the nominal required voltage of the old and the new batteries. If the new battery has a different chemical construcyion, the voltage will be different.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Look for a good usenet provider, and usenet reader. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

. . "Chuck Botts" wrote in message news:2b4a3$517dc252$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com... Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat". Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If they are the correct batteries, I'd be looking for a new thermostat. I'd let it sit without the batteries for an hour or so just to make sure it's fully reset.

Reply to
trader4

replying to Chuck Botts, Zeugma wrote: Had the same problem. Replaced the batteries and the display still showed 'Repl Bat'. Fixed it by pulling the batteries, putting the unit back on the wall, then turning the power to the furnace off and back on. That cleared the display. Put the batteries back in the unit and all was well.

Reply to
Zeugma

Thank you so much for posting this. I followed your directions and fixed my problem!

Reply to
ruth9490

Wow, can't believe that worked. I have thrown away a couple because of this. Thanks

Reply to
barkster

Exactly the same.. Other than it took a few minutes after power off for screen to reset, it all went perfectly. Thanks for the exactly right answer

Reply to
Homeowner