Honeywell Chronotherm III batteries

I feel like a dolt. My device is flashing to change the batteries, but I can't figure out how to open the case to get to them. Does it open from the bottom? from the top? from one side? I've tried using gentle force but nothing gives and I don't want to break the plastic. Thanks for helping.

Reply to
wiley285

Most stats I've done, you pull down on the top of the case, and the bottom swings out. Sometimes, only one section (left side, or right side) opens.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, here's a manual:

And it says:

1 Loosen the two captive screws at the bottom corners of the case 2 Pull the thermostat out from the bottom. 3 Lift the thermostat up and off the base.

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin