Can you mount this Ikea light without the missing bracket in the back?

Can you mount this Ikea light without the missing bracket in the back? open original image
Can you mount this Ikea light without the missing bracket in the back? open original image

I purchased two of these lights used from someone and one of them was missing the back metal plate (see picture of the 2nd light, which did include the back bracket). I don't have a receipt so I don't think I can get a replacement from Ikea. Does anyone have ideas of how to install it without the bracket?

Christina B Gee

  Make your own bracket from a piece of 1" x 1/8" steel flat bar .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

On Thu 05 Jul 2018 10:14:05a, Christina B Gee told us...

You could, but I wouldn't. Back plates are cheap, so go buy one.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Go down to your local Ace Hardware store. They might have something that will work as a bracket.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman