Can you mount this Ikea light without the missing bracket in the back?

I purchased two of these lights used from someone and one of them was missing the back metal plate (see picture of the 2nd light, which did include the back bracket). I don't have a receipt so I don't think I can get a replacement from Ikea. Does anyone have ideas of how to install it without the bracket?
On 7/5/2018 12:14 PM, Christina B Gee wrote:

  Make your own bracket from a piece of 1" x 1/8" steel flat bar .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

You could, but I wouldn't. Back plates are cheap, so go buy one.

On 7/5/18 12:14 PM, Christina B Gee wrote:

Go down to your local Ace Hardware store. They might have something that will work as a bracket.