Husky 435 chain saw can't get bar cover back on

Just got a Husqvarna 435 chainsaw refurbished from them.

Took a struggle to get the bar cover off so I could install the chain and the bar.

Now I am trying to put it back together and the metal band that goes inside (or outside of the clutch won't fit over it. I don't see any way to make the band fit over it.

I took a picture:

Ideas please! Thanks.

Reply to
ArghArgh

The chain brake is on or activated. You'll need to reset it.

Hint: resetting the brake will make the band dia larger.

Reply to
Jack

The cover with the band is OFF, chain break won't make that larger or am I missing something?

Reply to
ArghArgh