Replace narrow kerf bar on a Husqvarna 445 X-force 18 inch chain saw

My first chain saw was given to me as a present years ago when I needed to cut up a fallen oak. It's a narrow kerf Lowes Husqvarna 445 X-force 18 inch chain saw that I then lost the bar for when moving from one rental to another and I never did like the narrow kerf & 16 inch chains are more likely in stores than 18 inches.

Since I need a bar anyway, can I put a "normal kerf" bar on the Husky 445? And can I just change its size or must it also be 18 inches?

There is no Lowes nearby and the ACE & Home Depot don't carry Husqvarna. Where is a good place online? Amazon?

Reply to
Maxmillian

Nobody helped but maybe you can tell me if I buy the larger kerf bar, do I also need to buy a new drive sprocket to fit the larger kerf chains?

Reply to
Maxmillian

The problem you have is you own a Husqvarna. It's a piece of shit. The model 445 is especially a piece of shit.

Husky cheaped out on the power to put a thin chain they call a pixel. It's garbage. Even worse crap than most Husqvarna chain saws.

That garbage Husqvarna only takes one and only one crap pixel bar.

Looking up the chains, Husqvarna says it's the first chain designed by them so that's a bad sign if there ever was a bad sign about Husqvarna.

People tried, and failed to put a normal bar instead of the husky crap.

To make your Husqvarna NOT a piece of crap will cost you at least a new sprocket, a new bar, a new clutch, a near oil pump pinion gear and chain.

Not going to be worth it when the whole thing is $330 bucks on Amazon. My advice is you're stuck. You never should have bought Husqvarna.

Throw that piece of crap away and get a Stihl instead. At least they come with normal width bars.

If you don't want to waste the Husqvarna, I wouldn't blame you. Buy a new special narrow bar for it because you have no other option.

You probably can consider a 16 inch, 18 inch or 20 inch bar. But no matter which bar you get, it will be a piece of Husky crap.

Reply to
badgolferman

Whoever sent this previous message has impersonated me. It's sad that some people with no integrity would stoop so low to use someone else's identity in order to get around killfiles. Maybe if you acted more honorably people would give you some respect.

It's pretty clear who's done this: Message-ID: <u0sfu3$1eatt$ snipped-for-privacy@paganini.bofh.team>

Reply to
badgolferman